Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week!

• Diane:  Thank you!   I was just looking at the Weather Channel online and it looks like Indiana might be getting a lot of rain this week.....    

• Annette: It looks like you will have decent driving weather, although I know your family is at high elevation so maybe I'm not seeing the true picture.

I hope you have a really wonderful visit with your family. The last year has been hard on everyone. Enjoy!

• Thank you DIANE.

Fine sunny day, blue sky, a few fluffy white clouds. After church I detoured to another suburb, another church where a memorial cairn was behind a high fence. Locked away all week, at least it is protected from graffiti & vandals. I thought I could sneak into grounds during their Sunday service, but all appeared fenced & gated. Luckily on a side road a mother with children was running late and I asked her whether I could creep in. Yes, of course and she showed me another gate entry. I apologised if I made her late – “Oh no, we’re late already.” Lovely lady. I had to clamber into shrubbery as the memorial was facing shrubs. Inscription is not visible from roadway, I guess present-day church once had other uses.

• Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. (Socrates)

Children are a great comfort in your old age — and they help you reach it faster, too. (Lionel Kauffman)

Folks, I don’t trust children. They’re here to replace us. (Stephen Colbert)

• Good Morning, and a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all mums in the UK.

• Thank you to Diane for starting us off again. I'm glad your weather is now leaving winter mode, and perhaps you and your wildlife can now look forward to more kind conditions.
  • Morning all( sorry if already seen) but thought  it may bring a SMILE

• Lundy - That's a great picture ... going straight into the next church news sheet!

Good morning, everyone - and a happy Mothering Sunday to you all! I packed so much into last Friday's news sheet, and completely forgot Mothering Sunday. I'll have to grovel next Friday and do something to make amends. Mea culpa ...
  • SunnyKate 2 What a wonderful pic....we needed a smile this morning as I have had some shocking news.

I had a message this morning from the daughter of a friend who I have known since we moved here over 25 years ago. We have dog walked together regularly since. My dear friend was involved in an accident on Friday lunchtime. She was walking in the crown area of town when she was knocked down by a lorry. She has been air lifted to Aberdeen and had a leg amputated. She regained consciousness at 4pm and amazingly has been able to talk to her husband. I am stunned. OH had seen that there had been an accident and that the police were asking for help, but of course didn't think the 57 year old woman who sustained life changing injuries was Erica even though we knew she worked in the vets in the crown. She will surely be bought back to Raigmore when that is possible but still no visitors at the moment.
  • dibnlib - What dreadful news about your friend. I am so sorry to hear it. I hope and pray she recovers well from her dreadful experience and is soon back with her family and friends. Such a shock for you.