Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week!

• I wish I had spent more but one must not be greedy...
    As I would have spent the money anyway himself sent a donation to the lovely girl in Bosnia that rescued Duke and looks after so many others out there ...
  • What a nice thing to do, Wendy.

We enjoyed another trip out to the farm shop, and bought more bird feeding supplies plus some beautiful looking leeks. I couldn't resist adding some delish lemon drizzle cake to our basket. My OH chose some big mushrooms which he later fried and ate in toast - I can't eat them like that without indigestion, so I had cheese on mine!
  • Oh Lord -- posted this morning and I must've forgotten to hit Reply. Will try to catch up in next day or three....
  • ANNETTE – Gremlins are paying you back for your five-times posting earlier LOL.

Today’s expected max 30 C; already reached 31. Who turned summer back on? OH has been busy watering garden early and late. My fingers crossed for next Thursday when they “promise” 20 C. Perfect camera weather.

• Just a thought

Happily ever after is right now.

• Hello all
    A strange old day here. Callum is in Court as I type. Water here is cut off for hours as the road is being dug up and I've been awake since 3am!!
    I'm happy that EE had a nice birthday, OG.
    And LYNETTE congratulations to your daughter in law for 40 years service in the one hospital !
    My youngest son in law is on an oil rig in the North Sea, two covid cases discovered and decisions to be made regarding the crew. He was supposed to be off the rig yesterday but weather stopped flights.
  • Heather, is sounds as though you are a bit under the cosh today. What with family matters, little sleep and no water ... my thoughts and prayers are with you, and with Callum and with your son in law. And hope the water comes back soon!

The sun is sort of shining here at the moment - it was better earlier - and I'm considering going out to look at some birds at the local reservoir, At least two osprey have been seen fishing there as they pass through on their way north. There is a rare white heron as well - firmly identified as 'not an egret'!

Enjoy Friday, everyone - you can probably guess the hole into which I nearly dug myself!
  • Thank you PAT -
    Callum pleaded guilty to careless driving and has received a fine and six points on his licence. Let's hope, after three years, that is the end of it. Not forgetting though, that one of his friends died on that awful day.
  • Good to know that this is finally resolved, HEATHER. Three years is a l long time for this to come to a conclusion.
    Yes, it is a tragedy that one of Callum's friends died, but I would think that none of the lads involved will forget that, and all be more careful in future. It is time to end the uncertainty for all concerned. I hope you can get some peace of mind now.
  • I have been busy recently with affairs here, The recycling bins finally arrived, but some of those same people who asked for them, now say that they take up too much room.
    Why is it that people who complain the loudest never actually contribute anything themselves, while those that try to do something then get criticised?
    On a positive note, some people are very happy with the new arrangements.