LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• 'I'm walking backwards for Christmas a fish'

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Good catch of the fish at 18.45 Korky!
  • CATCHUP bits 'n pieces

Early morning, Mistle brought a good stick:

She's well able to tackle substantial ones:

Male intruder - did Axel fly in to see what was going on?  I've done my eyes in, it's up to you:

Today's mating ratings after 06:00 - bonus FAB FISH on the end.

If anyone can be bothered, they could calculate the score, making sure I've got all the ticks and crosses correct.  It's addled me putting the ticks 'n crosses on, I shall revert to thumbs up 'n down next time.

• scylla said:

Today's mating ratings after 06:00 - bonus FAB FISH on the end.

If anyone can be bothered, they could calculate the score, making sure I've got all the ticks and crosses correct.  It's addled me putting the ticks 'n crosses on, I shall revert to thumbs up 'n down next time.

Gosh what a herculean effort scylla. I felt a bit of a voyeur at the end. I agree with your assessment although I wondered whether number one was a bullseye?? I've not watched enough matings on other nests this season to see if they foozle them as often but Mistle and Axel are newbies so perhaps we should forgive them

• Unknown said:
    Mistle and Axel are newbies so perhaps we should forgive them

Mistle is generally co-operative and receptive, it seems to be Axel who can't repeat the good times, he gets too excited and disorganised... reminds me of someone who has no right to criticise Grin 

I intend to put the thread on a monthly basis and had better do it soon, given the probably impending seize-up, but can't do it for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THREAD CLOSED

New thread for May 2021

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Lynn L said:
    I had a search Sheila and there was the Dead Tree, Skinny Dead Tree, Love Tree, Fish Tree and maybe more. Someone had posted a chart at one time showing where they were in relation to the nest but I can't find it!

Funny, I also just searched and found your post, Catlady! There was also a Not Fish tree, creating more confusion. I was also looking for the map, but not successful so far.