LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• See how our "regal" female is looking down her nose at her subjects Wink

On a more sombre subject, and on a flight of depressive fancy - the last couple of mating attempts I've noticed have both been failures due to his inability to get his tail around, so I'm fearing that he has some malformation in the tail-end of his spine.  How's that for negativity?! Stuck out tongue 

I'll be going thru the afternoon and evening looking for contradictions.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

On a more sombre subject, and on a flight of depressive fancy - the last couple of mating attempts I've noticed have both been failures due to his inability to get his tail around, so I'm fearing that he has some malformation in the tail-end of his spine.  How's that for negativity?!  

I did say observations were all good because they promoted discussion - at the other end of the spectrum I would have thought any malformation of the tail end of the spine would drastically reduce his fish catching ability. To me he has proved himself a vrey good provider to date. I reeally do see him as heir apparent to this very special throne, despite his obvious lack of experience.. How's that for positivity?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Well what a lot of info and chat since I was here earlier. I agree about the similarity of Rutland and Speyside which it is probably why I think they plan to translocate RW chick's to Suffolk, if the project is approved. There are too many single males there at the moment seeking females.
    I love Scylla"s suggestion of Axel for AX6, however temporary it is. I think we did the same with George before he was given the name officially. In the end it is down to the VC team to decide.

And how wonderful see Les again!  

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I love positivity, CRinger.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thanks for the mention and the likes, it’s like being home again (DOH, I am home and I’ve got work in the morning) Catch you all later

Les Carr

• CRinger said:
    To me he has proved himself a vrey good provider to date. I reeally do see him as heir apparent to this very special throne, despite his obvious lack of experience.. How's that for positivity?

Exactly the response I needed, CRINGER - and I had his fishing performance in mind, arguing with me in the background.  He's such a lovely, fit, willing fella - I can hardly believe we have this super couple moving in after the years of pain.

I still haven't checked thru the afternoon and evening yet (it's taken me ages to cover the SoCal Barn Owls and we lost owlet #6 Sleepy ), but an evening mating that caught my eye was another failure.

IMAGICAT

• I think this fish must have been one that had gone to 'n fro - and it continued to do so:

Here are the mating attempts during the afternoon and evening - not that many.  There was a lot of nestorising going on, with Mistle also bringing in sticks and working on the nest, not just him.

EDIT - Oh heck!  I forgot to caption the one attempt that probably came to fruition Tired face

IMAGICAT

• Is this Mistle, come to the nest to hear singing?

IMAGICAT

• Strange!  He flew in and up and away:

IMAGICAT

• Mistle is still waiting on the nest and I'm packing up now, g'night all.

IMAGICAT