LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• She returned 18:41. Looks like my dinner will burn again.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• This is the second time this has happened this season, An Opsrey has landed on the nest while I have been cooking dinner. I have to adnmit I am a football fan so I have to parahrase Bill Shankly (a revered manager of Liverpool):
    'Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.'
    Hey ho! Another cremated dinner.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• It’s brilliant to see activity on the nest again after all this time. So hope they stay. Fingers crossed
  • I don't want to be accused of monopolising chat, but this could be a watershed for the whole season. That fish was a very good size. It still had its head on. The male's instinct is to eat the head of the fish before he gives it to the female. What I hope to see now (before I call the fire brigade to my burned dinner is):
    1, The male retrurns within the next half hour or so and delivers the headless fish to the female.
    2. More importantly at dawn, or within an hour or so of dawn tomorrow, the female on the nest (showing she has spent the night in the vicinity of the nest and now considers it to be hers) and thn this male arriving with a fish for her...... if so................... then..............
    GAME ON for this season!
    I hope the 'temporary' computer and live feed assists us.
    1 more thought - God bless Peter from Carnyx.

• It was suggested on 'live chat' that the male has a blue leg ring. MISSION CONTROL!!!! where are you?

• Yes I saw the blue ring.
  • Excellent. if so, hopefully we can age the male. then start to interpret his behaviour with a little more certainty.