LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Update from Llyn Brenig. Two ospreys are still in the area which the project think are LM2 and LJ6, but haven't confirmed with recent ring number sightings. The ospreys have not taken to the nest on the work platform. A lightning storm blew some of the electronics so goose cam is not working yet. Detail here. www.facebook.com/.../
  • Thank you, AG.

If anyone's interested, my Clywedog upate for yesterday is BOPS'd on the previous page.

I got this morning's stream started within 2 minutes of uptime, Seren was sitting damply, not wetly.

I'm off for a nap.

IMAGICAT

• Dylan brought a tail end of fish The babe got a few pieces but Seren ate most of it She seemed to be standing too far away fromthe nest cup so offeredf far more pieces than the baby was able to take and then, suddenly it was all gone and Seren swallowed thetail
  • patily said:
    Dylan brought a tail end of fish The babe got a few pieces but Seren ate most of it She seemed to be standing too far away fromthe nest cup so offeredf far more pieces than the baby was able to take and then, suddenly it was all gone and Seren swallowed thetail

Sheer coincidence that I've just been working on that - nearly a whole day late Disappointed

It turned out that Seren used a fish-piece already on the nest, and Dylan stayed behind nibbling on his:

After a minute or two, as you say, PATILY, Seren got the lioness's share, she must have been so hungry!  But do watch Dylan.  I've left this running uninterrupted to show Dylan's behaviour and Seren's compulsion to eat till the fishtail:

Later, Dylan took his urges further and actually fed the osplet - with mixed results Heart eyes

Dylan had another go:

20:06 Dylan crash-landed with another fish, Seren had just picked up a leftover and was about to feed.  The unpipping eggs appeared to survive:

IMAGICAT

• Babe just had a feed At least Seren doesn't go 19 to the dozen as she did last year
  • 31 May

I didn't manage to do anything on this day but here are a couple of reassuring snaps:

This was towards the end of the evening session:

IMAGICAT

• Seren trying ti doze in the beautiful sunshine
  • Carnyx have taken the camera view at Clywedog back to the wider view, recognising that sadly we are no longer on pip watch for the other 2 eggs. Many have commented that there are more unhatched osprey eggs this season than anyone can remember.
  • Unknown said:
    Many have commented that there are more unhatched osprey eggs this season than anyone can remember.

Thank you for bringing outside experience in here, AG.

IMAGICAT