LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Unknown said:

Scylla the intruder is great news. At 14.51 KA7 landed on the nest. The middle chick of the 2019 brood on this nest. Another of  Delyth's offspring has returned to Wales.

Brilliant news, thank you AG Hugging 

I got the impression that it landed but it seemed to me that the cam was zoomed in too far to see much so I didn't "bother" - if you think I should have, please say and I'll raid the Recycle Bin... but I'm just posting this before I pack up for the evening at least.

I came here to sympathise with this poor little osplet, who's in for a nasty shock if/when it gets sibling competition Grin 

IMAGICAT

• Hi SCYLLA Do you know where CIRRUS isthese days and whether she is OK?
  • Scylla the view wasn't great so wouldn't worry about it. Only interesting point is that when ringed KA7 was thought to be female (1440g in weight) but chest looks very white now so John W thinks more likely to be male. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • Too late, AG - I need to do more videos for Carnyx, I've been complacent just waiting for hatch #2 - and this event was a highlight, sketchy tho it was. I went off to Dyfi Chat to confirm my impression that KA7 is male, I might have known the answer would be here Hugging

Hi PATILY

patily said:
    Hi SCYLLA Do you know where CIRRUS isthese days and whether she is OK?

I'm in touch with her and she's OK, but she's just not up to following the sadnesses this season.  I'll tell her you were asking Hugging 

IMAGICAT

• KA7(19) did appear to have a very pale chest. It's always so good to see a returnee Slight smile

©NWR/Llyn Clywedog Ospreys/Carnyx

• Yesterday evening's "highlights":

©LlynClywedog~©NRW

IMAGICAT

• No sign of eggs hatching, it looks like the chick was fed prior to cam going live, as not interested in tail offerings. Dylan arrives with a fish.

Update no he doesn’t bring a fish it’s the tail end, don’t blink when watching cam

• You must have nudged me, JANE - I remembered to start the stream @ 07:15!

From rollback I recorded the first sighting of eggs, and as you say, no sign of hatching:

A few minutes later there was a feed from a tailend, which Dylan came and ate from later.

IMAGICAT

• Dylan landed a thinnish stick across Seren's back:

14:19 A small perch?  Dylan came for the leftover after #1 had been fed.  (No obvious sign of pip.)

I'm packing up now, SYAL.

IMAGICAT

• Afternoon tea, still no pips:

That bark!

The evening is taking so long to download, I'll post this and check later.

EDIT - Hastily, just this fish-piece to report - see how much Dylan must have eaten, from the size of his crop Astonished

IMAGICAT