LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Little one having a feed but very soon it was exhausted Seren had a few bites herself but went ti cover the bob again

C NWWT Llyn Clewdog

• Unknown said:
    9.26 hatchling clear of shell visible. Seren much calmer than 2020!

Her reaction to the first chick hatching last season was amazing and one of the highlights of 2020! lol

Congratulations to Seren (5F), Dylan and John W. - great news!

• Sandra P said:
    Her reaction to the first chick hatching last season was amazing and one of the highlights of 2020!

I don't think I've ever seen that!  I shall have to attack google if I only get time!

A feed for #1, which was interrupted by a stop/restart of the download but I don't think anything salient missed.

Dylan brought a nearly-whole flounder but a huge sheet of bark got dumped near the nestcup so Seren had to break off to shift it - but she nearly did more harm than good Astonished 

Later she had another go at the bark sheet:

Dylan brought a footful of fish and ate it in 3 minutes:

Straight back with a silly stick to torment Seren with ;)

#1 looked warm and dry:

FISH !!! !!! !!!  Seren tore into it, she's so hungry, having eaten little all day - and she didn't eat very much this time either.

Seren had a flyabout - I think #1 was offered a couple of bites but it's gone right out of my head :(((

Seren about to settle:

I still cannot download the evening add-on because it's live, so the above later snaps were incompetently captured from rollback.  I've written to Peter to ask if there's a way the session could be finalised earlier - it's live now @ nearly 02:00.

IMAGICAT

• Scylla this is the link to the carnyx video of the first hatching last year on 26 June. 10.25 a.m. you can see the top is off the egg; at 10.30 the chick who became 552 hatches; 5F had never seen one of her eggs do that before.  

• Unknown said:
    this is the link to the carnyx video of the first hatching last year

Thank you, AG!  I'm downloading the whole 12 hours so I can watch her thru the day.

I've only just started today's download Disappointed but just in time to see Dylan eating a fish, with Seren nagging him to hand it over - tho nagging is the wrong word, he needs to do the right thing! Smile

Oh she's got it now and #1 is enjoying a feed - make the most of it, it won't be uncontested for long!

IMAGICAT

• Scylla you're welcome.

To be fair to Dylan, Seren and the bob got the first go at the fish as the camera started at 7.00, and then Dylan had some. There was very little sibling rivalry for food on this nest last year as Seren was so quick at feeding them. Even now the bob is not getting enough time to chew one mouthful before she is try to get it to take the next one.
  • Clywedog live feed ground to a halt 5.36 this evening, and there is no 7 p.m. late show. Fault reported with the O2 mast. Hope it is back for the hatching of Bob2 - possibly overnight or tomorrow.
  • Unknown said:
    Clywedog live feed ground to a halt 5.36 this evening,

So that's why I got flooded with failed files.

As everyone seemed fine at the end of transmision I won't bust a gut, but here's a hasty portrait of Seren to let her know I care (in insane mode, I'm convinced they know we're supporting them) - at least she's been dry for most of the day:

Dylan sat on her:

This was the last sighting of #1 @ 17:36:

IMAGICAT

• 07:00 and we're back up on time!  Can't see a pip.  Bob #1 was bobbling fine, I just chose the moment when it was "out of the way".

Somebody's been soiling Seren's feathers:

IMAGICAT

• Hi SCYLLA It is looking so much better weatherwise Let's hope it last Wonder whether little chick will get a new sibling today?