LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Thanks, everyone.
    Someone from the Clywedog Trout Fishery posted on the Clywedog Facebook page that "if anyone sees people approaching nest give us a call at the Clywedog Trout Fishery we have a ranger on duty at least 12 hrs a day we will do all we can to help" (presumably once the intruding people have left the area of the nest, so as not to be also intruding themselves, I hope!) Their phone number is: 01686412890

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you so much for your reports, AG, with the help of which, and YT rollback, I've managed to cobble together some salient events from 23 May.

"23 May was another soggy day, no pip, Dylan was hero/nuisance, Seren well fed ~ ©NRW LlynClywedog"

Oh dang, I meant to have a go at the sound but forgot.  Dang-dang-dang  Confounded Upside down

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    forgot.

And forgot (over-sharpened!) snap.

Seren with eggs in the afternoon:

IMAGICAT

• I've just started downloading today's stream - wonders never cease Grin

But I'll be packing up soon, so as usual anything I have will be in retrospect.

We're on pip-watch, in case anyone isn't aware.

IMAGICAT

• Hatch appears to be underway. Pip and egg tooth visible through it at 8.05 - 8.06 this morning. At 8.23 Dylan arrived with half a trout but Seren wasn't interested. She is quite damp this morning but the forecast is showers today rather than consistent rain.

• 9.26 hatchling clear of shell visible. Seren much calmer than 2020!
  • Hatch video - please forgive any inaccuracies with times but I do think they're right - I can't read Peter's timeline.

IMAGICAT

• Thanks for the great footage Scylla

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Update from Brenig Osprey Project.

Hello everyone - another update for you all.

Thank you to everyone who has been sending us information about LJ2 and LM6 – it has really helped us to build an understanding of where they are and what they’re doing. It is clear that they are still in the local area – they continue to be seen visiting Llyn Brenig and even the various nests and perches available to them here – but the general consensus now is that they are unlikely to breed at Llyn Brenig this year. Whilst this is obviously not what we had hoped for, the birds’ wellbeing is ultimately far more important than how/whether they choose to use our site, and we’ll be moving ahead to plan for 2022 as soon as we’re able to – watch this space for updates!

Even though the ospreys will probably be less visible at Llyn Brenig than we had hoped, please do continue to visit us this summer. The birds will still be spottable (just a bit more mobile!); you can still visit the osprey exhibition; we’re hoping to have ‘goose cam’ up and running as soon as we can restore some fried circuitry (thanks, lighting storm …); Wildlife Trust staff will continue to be on site for several days a week to chat through all things osprey and more besides; and Welsh Water’s Visitor Centre and café are really looking forward to welcoming back guests after such a long, enforced break. There’s still plenty of wildlife to see and things to do, and we’d love to see and talk to you.

All the very best,
    Team BOP
    llynbrenig.com/.../
    www.northwaleswildlifetrust.org.uk/.../ospreys-llyn-brenig