LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Thank you for good news of fish - I'm getting lots of very tiny clips today, not possible to go thru them - this is the current scene:

IMAGICAT

• Nothing much has changed in the last half hour after SCYLLA's picture but the camera keeps stalling with that whirly ring
  • Dylan's not looking so sodden this evening, here he was turning the eggs:

Seren returned @ 20:45, the stream went into a buffer @ 20:55, I can't download it until it finalises itself but there won't be must to see anyway.

IMAGICAT

• Signal "playing up" Seren rose......whirly wheel.......and suddenly scene morphed intp Dylan No idea whether a fish was invelved
    Looking so much better weather-wise
  • Trout reported on Clywedog Facebook at 7.39 a.m. this morning. A lot of spinning wheel - hope the rain hasn't damaged the 4g equipment.
  • Unknown said:
    Trout reported on Clywedog Facebook at 7.39 a.m. this morning. A lot of spinning wheel - hope the rain hasn't damaged the 4g equipment.

Ahhh, the spinning wheel may explain why is says "started 118 minutes ago" but I can only get 11 minutes' rollback... so I can't capture the trout, cos I'm late starting up as per blinking usual Persevere

IMAGICAT

• Carnyx report that the 4g in the area was reported as unstable yesterday evening but it looks fine now. The camera has been zoomed in today to give a closer view of eggs, pips, cracks and (hopefully) bobs. This is not a live zoom camera - they can only move it between sessions. Likely hatching window starts tomorrow 23/5. Seren back after breakfast 10.07 with a small tail section for Dylan.
  • Minor disturbance at Clywedog 11.30 this morning. Two people with binos decided to walk down the track to get a closer view of the nest. Seren off the nest for about 3 minutes but no damage done fortunately. The intruders probably don 't realise that they will be on security CCTV, and they certainly can't read!

• Thank you for all the info, AG Slight smile

Unknown said:
    Seren back after breakfast 10.07 with a small tail section for Dylan.

She left this on the nest and went flyabout - she did that several times today, with Dylan happily continuing to incubate:

This was her alarmed face, just before she flew due to humans - as so often with ospreys, they look in all directions when a threat is perceived from one direction, I couldn't see the intruders - and as there is so much else to cover today, I'm not spending time on it.

Seren has been both wet and dry today, here's a slightly windswept shot:

IMAGICAT

• A bit soggy at Clywedog just now, but no sign of hatching on the quick view Seren gave us of the eggs a few minutes ago. She had a perch at 8.20 a.m.; she and Dylan have done a couple of swaps. This is day 37; I hope this bob#1 will leave hatching until tomorrow which is still forecast showery, as is Tuesday, but much dryer after then.

EDIT. Despite the rain Dylan appeared with a brown trout at 16.37. John Williams thinks he gets these from a different lake - in bad weather the rainbows used to stock Clywedog for fisherman go deep and are thus not so easy to catch so he likely goes elsewhere. Perch are the other bad weather "go to" catch for our boy.