LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Just as I was posting Seren returned They changed places and Dylan flew

C Nwwt Llyn Clewdog

• Unknown said:
    A pretty calm day at Clywedog. Trout at 8.13 a.m.& perch at 16.21. Dylan got very settled incubating and needed a nudge to get him moving.

What with everything going on (or not going on like it should, which is even worse) I didn't get anything for Clywedog yesterday, so this morning I downloaded the whole of the main day but it failed "Complete - errors" - but I saw that gurt slice of bark and had to find out how it got there, so re-recorded it from rollback:

Then no problem downloading the evening session because by this morning it had been finished off - and found more bark-faffing and a fish:

And I've forgotten to start today's stream Persevere

IMAGICAT

• Thanks, everyone, for the pics and posts.

Cathy, sorry to hear you have suffered a bereavement. Sadly, huge numbers of others around the world have also had the same experience, and regardless of the cause of each bereavement, each one is a great loss in (now) more than a year of ghastly experiences for far too many. And 'it ain't over yet,' unfortunately, for many more. My heart goes out to you.

Kind regards, Ann

• Perch at 7.30 a.m. and trout at 9.50 this morning. How does Dylan know that bad weather is on the way? Probably good that hatching window isn't until Sunday/Monday.
  • Agree, AG. I do worry for all of the Welsh nests with very tiny chicks already and with all of the about-to-hatch chicks any day now, what with all the wind and rain over the next few days.

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Perch at 7.30 a.m. and trout at 9.50 this morning. How does Dylan know that bad weather is on the way? Probably good that hatching window isn't until Sunday/Monday.

From rollback, as I didn't see Dylan at all in the 4-hour clip to 19:00, nor in the nearly-2-hour evening session, both of which were all I managed to download.

After that fish, Dylan had to defend:

Seren was looking soggily fed up by shutdown Confounded

IMAGICAT

• Wet,windy and misty as we might expect this morning
  • Sereen 5F had done the night shift in the wind & rain; Dylan took over at 7.45 this morning and Seren relieved him just after 11.00. Not sure how feasible fishing will be just now.  Wind and rain forecast to ease very slowly today, and it should be dry tomorrow.