LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Llyn Brenig have reported that LM6 was last seen on 29 August, and LJ2 on 30 August. Let us hope these two who have stuck together in the face of adversity since their nest was demolished return next year and have a successful and untroubled season. Safe travels both.
  • Has anyone else seen the ghastly news from Llyn Brenig on the 16th? They are at it again and are announcing a new 'adventure', one which sounds as bad or worse for the environment and the Ospreys than the notorious Bridge thingy. Apparently they have consulted an 'osprey expert' and claim there will be no problem. When I looked at their Facebook page late in the afternoon, there were 566 comments, nearly all of which are condemning the project, 644 when I looked just now. At least one person said they were submitting a FOI request as to who the 'expert' is--hope they get a result. Llyn Brenig's Facebook post on the 'new adventure' begins with "COMING SOON - Our brand new all-weather, all-terrain, off-road adventure experience..." Is there anyone out there with experience initiating the sort of petitions which the UK parliament must discuss once the number reaches 100,000, or any petition really, maybe more than one--Change.org or 38 Degrees perhaps or...? The more negative publicity about this atrocity, the better. The 'coming soon' phrase says we need to get a move on. I fail to understand how Llyn Brenig can contemplate this in light of the Bridge project and the awful end of the Osprey nesting season at Llyn Brenig. You don't suppose Profit is the motivation and the only thing they care about, do you?!!  So sorry to be the bearer of bad news and even more sorry that there is bad news to talk about.

Kind regards, Ann

• That sounds awful ANN and unbelievable after last year's horror I have asked Alan, in a post, whether he can help with a petition
  • As this is an issue local to Snowdonia , it would be preferable if someone from the local area would start the petition. I am certainly prepared to back any petition and promote it.
  • Unknown said:
    Facebook page

HERE

All Terrain Adventure webpage - "A thrilling all-weather off-road experience!"

IMAGICAT

• Here we go again. I think however they will struggle with this one due to an interesting piece of Welsh Govt legislation. The Well-being of Future Generations Act 2015 "requires public bodies in Wales to think about the long-term impact of their decisions, to work better with people, communities and each other, and to prevent persistent problems such as poverty, health inequalities and climate change". There is a Commissioner whose attention I have drawn to this via Twitter as a starter. It is a really good piece of legislation - not something I say often. www.futuregenerations.wales/.../. There are now 728 comments on the FB Post. 

• Thanks, everyone. Thanks for putting up the link about the project, Scylla--should have done that myself, but luckily we can know that someone here, often you Scylla, will to do the things we forget to do! Excellent idea to contact the Commissioner, AG, and for the news about that great-sounding Future Generations Act. Hope you are right that they will not be able to get away with bringing in the all-terrain vehicle or to run the trips in it. I agree, too with Patily, yes, it is terrible that Llyn Brenig were planning this atrocity. I also am with Alan--it should be someone who lives near Llyn Brenig who starts a petition or at least someone who lives in Wales--my complaining about it from the Surrey-Hampshire border will not be very persuasive to the LB folks, even if our holidays in Wales have grown from a few days, to a week and most recently to two weeks!

Kind regards, Ann

• AG what an interesting and brilliant piece of legisation We need something similar in England and other parts of the UK
  • Unknown said:
    Apparently they have consulted an 'osprey expert' and claim there will be no problem.

Perhaps it's the same 'expert' who put up the unauthorised nesting platform overnight.  

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I'm glad to say this Llyn Brenig off road experience does not seem to be a big commercial success at the moment. Bookings are open from Monday 27th Sept until end October; There is one set of 8 places each morning and afternoon every day. So far all the sessions have 8 places available with one exception, where there are 6 places available - i.e. they have sold a total of 2 tickets to date.