LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Seren on the nest tucking intobreakfast Evidently 496 had a fish earlierthat he flew off with
  • Seren fish demanding whilst moving sticks and has now flown
  • LLyn Brenig

An osprey on the perch, but I am unsure who it is, it's not being cooperative and showing a leg!  Might be KS8 who has been seen there before, but..

© Llyn Brenig Ospreys/Welsh Water/NWWT

Edit:  It's LJ2(13)m who was/is bonding with Blue LM6(13)f 

It's not the link I had for the camera, so I guess it's a new one, here

• 31 July

Clywedog

Nice early breakfish for LB 496 - he nearly took Dylan's leg off but we didn't get the best view:

Later Seren found a scrap that 496 must have left behind:

08:46 Dylan brought a very thin stick, didn't stay long.

The above is what I've taken from rollback, to be continued but I have to break off.

• Clywedog cont'd

Dylan nestorised some more just after noon.

12:26 Seren brought a rooty clump and did some nestorising:

LB 496 was on the nest 4 times in the afternoon, hoping for fish, Seren brought more small bits of nest material, then she and he arrived together-ish - he thought she had a fish, but no.

Reward @ 17:27 Shark

Seren came and stood by hopefully while he ate, but he flew off with it @ 18:30.  Seren was on the nest some more but no more fish, nothing significant to report by shutdown 20:54.

• SheilaFE said:
    An osprey on the perch, but I am unsure who it is, it's not being cooperative and showing a leg!  Might be KS8 who has been seen there before, but..

LJ2, LM6's partner - I managed to get a hint on landing.  He had stayed 40+ minutes:

The cam has been frozen for well over 12 hours.

• Not visible now, as the sun has gone in, but a youngster is on the campost, calling for fish

This was just before midday, but at the time I didn't notice the moving shadow, more the untidy nest!

© Llyn Clywedog Ospreys Natural Resources Wales/Carnyx

• 01 Aug

Clywedog

A Jay was on the nest 2-3 times during the day, it ate several tasty morsels but the one shown was too big:

I've made a terrible mess of Clywedog today - thought I'd sorted out the nitty gritty but now it's missing, so this snap of 496 looking very well fed in the evening (Seren's there too, with a part fish underfoot) must suffice to show that all's well:

One of the fish was brought in by Seren.

• 02 August

Brenig

08:50 this morning someone woke up Wink   and realised the stream was frozen and shut it off.  No new stream yet.

Clywedog

True to form, I was very late getting started.  From rollback recording, some token snaps, Dylan was bringing in sticks and trying to ruin our view:

Please don't leave it like that Dizzy face

Next time, arriving with a really unpleasantly spiky stick, nearly crash-landed:

Seren:

496 (his first appearance) was furious when Dylan kept bringing sticks in quick succession but no fish:

That's up to about 11:10.

•  02 August

Clywedog

Nice big flapping fish for 496's lunch - Seren flew with what he left behind:

EDIT

17:30 - 496 flew in with this headless fish - I couldn't find it at the nest before then: