LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• 22 July

Clywedog

I'm on it!  This is the opening scene @ 07:00:

• 496 came early but no fish so didn't stay.

07:24 Dylan brought a stick!  Seren was still waiting for a fish.

And after he left I noticed that Seren was eaing Astonished

So I thought I'd better sort things out and have done a vid of the whole day - with the first fish from Seren that I recollect, and a flapper from Dylan - both rather late in the day.  I've done the sound but didn't spend the extra time to put some captions on re the length of time a bird was eating, which I should have done because the timeline's not clear on this cam...

• 23 July

I thought it was 06:58 but it was 08:58, so I was 2 hours late starting up today.  Checking rollback, Dylan has been in twice...

First time he brought inconsequential bits 'n pieces, they couldn't even be seen when he landed but he did display wings:

Second visit was to deliver a substantial stick:

No-one else seen so far.

• Yes Scylla the rainbow trout Seren brought in yesterday is the first fish anyone has seen which it appears she caught since she started incubation.
  • What a frustrating day for our little hero Persevere 

More and more nest material from both parents, first Dylan:

And again:

Seren brought a stick so thin it was almost invisible in the air... and on the ground!

Dylan:

A complaint:

Another landing without fish:

A stick this time:

Another sit-down:

Cam went down @ 16:08:52, back up a minute later but only for 11 minutes.

At last !!! !!! !!! And 496 was waiting for it:

He ate well and flew off with a good portion:

Seren flew in and fished out a scrap:

She waited on the nest until... at nuther last !!! !!! !!!

She flew with it, then Dylan flew off too.

She was back with the leftover @ 19:04 and waited... but couldn't resist eating all of it.

The live stream hasn't broken off yet, she's still stood standin' there... I doubt I'll be watching at the crucial time if it cuts off and restarts for an evening session.

• Thanks for pics Scylla and updates
  • scylla said:
    The live stream hasn't broken off yet, she's still stood standin' there... I doubt I'll be watching at the crucial time if it cuts off and restarts for an evening session.

The daytime session kept going until 20:55!  Seren flew off @ 19:55, Dylan flew in @ 20:00 bringing nothing, he did some standing then pottered about the nest picking things up and putting them down again:

I'm not sure if he'll feel honoured by this cadged-up frame or not Rofl 

Note his empty crop:

He flew @ 20:04 and that was the last we saw of anyone till shutdown.

• 24 July

Clywedog

I was late Frowning2

From rollback, 496 was being fed when the cam went live, we couldn't see a thing because his back blocked our view - here he was feaking after:

Seren ate the leftover and flew @ 07:21.

• Dylan's been nestorising again, 496 having sit-downs, Seren in attendance - then a FISH:

Dylan was in nestorising again, and then, in between the first 6-hr session and the next, another fish appeared, was it too wide to be a leftover? - it looks as tho they're watchful:

496 came for another feed:

Towards evening, Seren had to defend all on her own (was it one of the Dyfi sprogs?), until she got unhelpful company:

496's umpteenth sit-down of the day:

Seren brought a clump, 496 hoped for a fish:

They were both gone by shutdown @ 20:55.  It was an all-in-one day, no evening add-on.

• 23/24 Llyn Brenig

With 2 fishes! (At least - not sure about the final brief appearance before the cam froze and went down.)

LJ2 is clear enough, here's the other:

The cam is down.