LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• patily said:
    Thanks MARY SCYLLA mentioned on LotL that 496 had fledged then looked as if he wouldn't leave the nest any more today If she were to look in now she would be surprised to see that the nest is empty
    According to John Williams on chat he left 496 quite happily sitting below the nest Evidently there are some thick branches there that they use for perching

I said elsewhere - probably after he'd already fledged:

scylla said:
    I think a mystery force carried him up to the campost, he hasn't rivalled that achievement since and I don't think he will today - now that's very brave/foolhardy of me!

Grin Grin Grin

• Having said all that ^^^ ... isn't it thrilling that so many of our precious chicks have fledged over the past few days?

I'm packing up, zzzzzzzzzzzz.

• 496 has dealt with big stick beautifully that Dylan brought and nearly knocked his son of the nest. He is a very handsome young man. Keeps flitting on and off nest.
  • Terrific video thank you Scylla. I've sent it to Zilpha in his weekly email . Thank you Cathy and Patily I enjoyed your observations
  • 13 July cont'd

Clywedog

As far as I can see, our solo chick didn't come back to the nest until 18:00 Astonished and for the next hour he was... active or wot ?! Astonished Astonished Astonished 

What an amazing boy!

The 2-hour evening add-on has been downloading for the past 3 hours almost, it seems to have stopped and restarted itself and now it's on "588% Part 1/2"... beyond me, I can't do anything with it till it completes and so you've only got a supper fish snap I got from rollback.

Rolling eyes Upside down Hushed Cry Grin 

• 14 July

Brenig

Well, she wasn't there at bedtime but she was there at dawn:

I couldn't see her dip into the water and I couldn't see that she already had a fish on the perch - but it sure looks like she's got one here, as she flies off around the corner:

• 14 July

Clywedog

I clicked on the YouTube live stream reminder - but it didn't work, forgot I had the mike muted so the fanfare was wasted on me.

Anyway, when it dawned on me I found Seren munching eagerly and 496 preening, so I guess he'd already eaten:

• Our little lad flew off @ 07:26.

Last night's evening session is still downloading - 1275% Part 1/2 - must have been going for 5 hours at least.  And if I stop it now it will revert to 0%, but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet.

• scylla said:
    Last night's evening session is still downloading - 1275% Part 1/2 - must have been going for 5 hours at least.  And if I stop it now it will revert to 0%, but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet.

I did bite the bullet in the end, the whole lot was lost.  However, it's now available and turns out to be only just over an hour long instead of the usual nearly 2 hours, and the whole time 496 was standing around waiting, often looking out to our right.

14 July

2 fish during the day session:

No mad rush for this fish, Dylan ended up feeding 496 a few bites, then 496 tried to self-feed, Seren was nagging about ? the whole time and Dylan was feaking in our way before he left - then Seren fed herself and 496, they were both still on the nest at the end of the day session.