LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Unknown said:
    @Sheila there is silence from most of the powers that be about the outcome of any investigations last year and the possibility of another programme. Questions are being posed to the producers and NRW and I hope we will get some confirmation of the situation before long.  Most of the infrastructure they created at Llyn Brenig last year as been dismantled, which is good, unless they try to rebuild it this year!

Thanks for the info AG. I hope all the protestations made them suitably ashamed for their actions, but these days money seems to speak louder.  I hope the new couple become the residents.  They are certainly doing well so far.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Patily, I know it is a worry but they could both be somewhere far, far away from Llyn Brenig--he is from Scotland and if he returns there he could be undetected for years. She is from Rutland, and there are some Rutland females who have nested near Rutland, but knowing her, she could be anywhere, even in Europe. Like some others, they may turn up years later. I do hope that the folk at Llyn Brenig have learned the lesson and if the story were trumpeted widely everywhere, maybe others, too, will learn that they absolutely must not disturb wildlife. Whatever the legal decision is in the end, I believe that the disruption did chase them off the nest. We do not know if that also contributed to their chick wandering afterwards or not, but the whole thing is definitely tragic. I hope the pair who have been on that nest will have a successful family to give us a bit of solace, even if they are not our beloved pair.

Kind regards, Ann

• I set my alarm for 06:59 and am poised to start the download but it ain't there and I can't stay looking at it and refreshing the channel page cos there are other things to do !!! Cross!

Got it, yay !!!

IMAGICAT

• Should have said - Seren is peacefully incubating.

IMAGICAT

• She's not now Sefinitely shouting to Dylan
    On asunny morning like todaythe light at this time of day is magical
  • Good bot Dyan reakfishdelivered and offshe flies with it Dylan doing a little nest tidying

(My hands are rather bad and I obviously don't always press the space bar hard enough Sorry)
  • Hi Patily. This is the capture of the fish delivery for you.

Copyright NRW/Llyn C

• KS7 a 2018 male chick from Llyn Clywedog has been seen at Dyfi this morning. His sister KS8 was seen at her home nest and at Dyfi last year. Delyth's line lives on.

EDIT A few hours later KS8 also visited Dyfi, as she did last year. I wonder if they will pop up to LC to see their Dad.

• Llyn Brenig   Update on the streaming issue just posted on their fb page.

"The good news - we have a solution to the problem encountered with the live streaming from our engineers. The bad news - we have to rebuild all the back office hardware from scratch. As soon as we have design proposals, we'll get it all ordered and try to get you live streaming as soon as possible."

On the filming question we are told that "there has been no approach from the production company" about filming this year. I have sent an FoI request to NRW to try to get the outcome of any discussions they had last year after the filming - they have 4 weeks to respond.

Llyn Clywedog  all pretty quiet as we would want. Dylan delivered fish at 15.09.30 - first one recorded today.

Still recovering from the excitement of  the 2018 Delyth/Dylan youngsters KS7 & KS8 both being seen at Dyfi yesterday.  

• Unknown said:

KS7 a 2018 male chick from Llyn Clywedog has been seen at Dyfi this morning. His sister KS8 was seen at her home nest and at Dyfi last year. Delyth's line lives on.

EDIT A few hours later KS8 also visited Dyfi, as she did last year. I wonder if they will pop up to LC to see their Dad.

Thank you for the heads-up - I've posted videos in the Dyfi thread, including Emyr's professional version.

IMAGICAT