LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Thank you, SANDRA!  As suspected.

I can't get a snap of the egg, it's too deep - this might possibly be a fragment:

Seren has since moved some nest material away from the front but still no sighting.

• Llyn Brenig

The two birds on the Llyn Brenig platform have been identified. Quote from the Project below.

" Yesterday a Scottish male joined Blue LM6(18) on the Brenig nest. He is Blue LJ2(18) a 3year old ringed in South Argyll.

We also have more details about Blue LM6(18), she is one of three chicks ringed on a nest at the Lake of Menteith, Stirling, Central Scotland in 2018."
    Let's hope that these two have a more tranquil season than what befell Blue 24 and HR7 in 2020.
  • Llyn Clywedog

Dylan has gone into full on dad provider mode. Small ?trout at 12.20, roach at 15.49. He then arrived with a large trout at 17.56 but Seren 5F sent him off to have first dibs - there will be enough for her supper later.  

• Unknown said:

Llyn Clywedog

Dylan has gone into full on dad provider mode. Small ?trout at 12.20, roach at 15.49. He then arrived with a large trout at 17.56 but Seren 5F sent him off to have first dibs - there will be enough for her supper later.  

Not sure what I've got for yesterday, AG, I was a bit under the weather and even more confused than usual.  I shall check asap.

Golden Girl just now:

Then - no idea if this was Dylan or a stranger, except she'd have reacted more strongly to a stranger, surely:

• So sad about dear B24, and HR7 but fingers tightly crossed that the new Scottish pair are the start of a long and fruitful partnership to rival Mrs G Who knew when she arrived at Glaslyn what a legend she would become
  • 5F @ Llyn Clywedog has a frosty tail this morning.  Better that than soaked to the skin. 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS & © CARNYX WILD

• Unknown said:

Llyn Clywedog (Scylla's edit = Friday, 16 April)

Quickie snaps thru the day.

Intruder chased off @ 08:00:

09:37 - she got up and didn't settle until 09:45:

10:24 - watchful parents and an egg:

11:17 - Careful, Dylan!  That looks pretty solid Open mouth

12:20 as reported by AG - FISH, possibly trout:

Dylan took his time settling down, had to have a feak and preen:

And be ready to defend if anyone got too close!

Our couple was often tested:

17:56 - must be a new fish but Seren didn't take is so Dylan flew off with it:

Not much gone from it when he brought it back @ 18:20 - this time Seren got up for it but didn't take it straight away so off he flew with it again Smirk 

18:40 - Third time lucky?  No !!!  Seren had been calling for it and was ready for it but she flew off!  Dylan stood there for a  while and also flew off - Seren returned to incubation Rolling eyes 

I lost an hour between close of daytime and the evening session.

20:23 Dylan flew in with fish but look at Seren's crop, it ain't hollow, she must have had some already:

Seren was incubating @ closure 20:51.

(No idea if all this will post, I've never not downsized snaps before, these were done in a different way from usual.  If anyone hasn't caught my moans before, this 4K display takes HUGE snaps and is a total pain, I only bought it for the RAM which experts said would make video editing easier.)

• Not watched much today - focused on the garden.  Fish at 13.48, and another spurned by Seren at 17.16. She does seem to have eaten at some stage in the evening.

John Williams has had an interesting day. He looked at the video of the intruding female from Thursday and in slo mo and from his own stills saw that she had a GPS tracker but no ariel. After contacting Tim Mackrill and others he is fairly satisfied (from other sightings and photographs of wing markings) that she is JN5, a 2016 Lake of Menteith bird.