FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• Shouting for breakfast

C CWT Foulshaw Moss

• 25 July

Fish:

Blue35 brought in tree Astonished

YW brought another one Astonished

Two disappointed children had come for fish:

Fish duly arrived, almost completely glared out:

Chick was still eating that fish when another one was waiting...

...it got taken away:

This was a magnificent teatime fish (I can't do it justice) that kept all 3 chicks going for hours:

There must have been more than 3 fish, I've probably skimmed over a couple without noticing.

Someone roosting on the nest tonight:

• 463 just got a fish - all to himself - from Dad.

Heart eyes

• Brilliant shots SCYLLA I wasn't able to look in yesterday Wonder what theyall got up to????
    ENS currently
  • Looks like young 463 preening and fish calling on the nest
  • patily said:
    Looks like young 463 preening and fish calling on the nest

Well, here's a turn-up - it was 463 who got breakfish yesterday moring:

He did have a decent meal from it but it got taken away eventually - here's a better view of him with the fish:

Mid-morning the cam went down numerous times but eventually recovered.

I can't do any more until further notice, SYAL.

• .28 July

Rain ran rain.

1st fish

2nd fish 11:50:

Headless whopper (this angle makes it look smaller) 16:05 - I'm pretty sure 462 got it, flew off with it:

Flew back with it for prolonged, delighted prancing and flouncing:

17:00 463(?) dug out fish from nest material, I had missed it being hidden there:

Final fish around 20:00:

No-one on the nest overnight.

29 July

The kids were in 'n out but this was the first delivery @ 06:52:

Headless whopper @ 08:49:

09:33

That's 464 on the right but I can't read the muncher's numer:

There was a glitch so we couldn't see the exact sequence here:

464 gave up waiting, gave us a clear ring number!

Blue35 came and flew off with the fish.  Was this the same fish coming back?

464 (I think) dropped the fish in the sticks while showing off, had to eat it there - 463 flew off:

464 managed to disentangle the fish and took it over to the other side to continue eating.

That was up to 10:00.

• 29th evening I stopped the recording, and with Foulshaw Moss I can fill in the gap by recording in VLC while the downloader processes the stopped stream... Well, I was just checking what was in there and it had recorded a nice handover of fish from one sib to the other, the receiver being 463, and we'll all be happy that he didn't go to bed hungry Hugging

• Thanks SCYLLA When I've looked in overthe last couple of days it has always been an empty nest so your recordings are very welcome
  • I'm just doing another stop/restart of the download and this is what VLC is recording now - it looks like a very tough flouner: