FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• Unknown said:
    I don't know how to put those clever little arrows on

Maybe someone who knows the tree can do it for us, KORKY.

And now that I'm feeling brighter (for 5 minutes, I speck) it strikes me as very rude that I took liberties with your photo, my judgement goes right out the window when I'm flagging Upside down

Here's our little star, all lit up:

• LB had been up for more than 2 hours when he took his first flight this morning. Now that he's found his perching feet, he prefers the sticks at the far end to the fat limb that was his fave perch.

(Have roughly chopped out some "waiting time".)

Mama with stick:

She waited until Dad arrived with a flat fish:

B35 claimed the fish and flew off with it Dizzy face

Can't show with a snap, it's too glary and blurred.

463 flew from perch to where he thought the fish should be, 462 flew in to the same corner, Dad flew off.

B35 brought back the fish, 462 grabbed it - 463 was on his new fave perch:

08:54 Mighty 464 flew in, whereupon B35 flew off. 

09:06 She (464) took over the fish, into which great inroads had not been made.

09:18 463 had a flyabout.

09:38 464 flew, leaving plenty of fish behind.

09:40 B35 came and took the fish away, moments later 462 (with the help of magnifier) turned up, only found some entrails, flew off.  Soon 463 arrived, had a prance around, fiddled with sticks, perched and I found I'd accidentally made a cut so missed when he left.

10:30 Dad brought another fish, hopefully tenderer:

I can't tell who got the fish because they were too far away - they ate for 20 minutes, mantled over it and flew off leaving it on the edge:

464 (surely, from the behaviour) came and picked up the fish, did a little dance and flew off with it:

12:40 LB arrived, spent a few minutes on the nearside, did a cropdrop, flew @ 12:44.

I was hoping to get to 463 eating but am up to mid-afternoon and have to break off.

• Mid-afternoon +++

464 popped on 'n off.

17:25 FISH !!! !!! !!!

This is how it went, and LB did get to eat:

23 July

463 first flew off @ 04:44 but there were several ons 'n offs, including by 462...

I think this was 462 looking stern:

Not quite full pancaking:

463 last flew @ 05:45, since when ENS.

• 3 fish seen afternoon/evening but can't say if 463 got any - could only read 462's ring with fish.

• 23 July

2 fish yesterday afternoon/evening but no chance to ID the victors.

There's a fish lunch under this mantler, it got flown away:

And this was fish supper on its way:

• 23 July evening into morning - good news!

• YW has been on the nest for some time Standing and pottering I can'y see any sign of fish....unless, of course, someone has already come and taken it
  • 24 July

Reeeelly rough snaps of fish thru the day, some may have been missed, I've no idea who got what:

All 3 queued up for that last one:

Disappointment:

19:00

19:29

Last one 20:15

Empty nest all night.