FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• Excellent news - thanks Richard.

I just looked in and 463 took off - again :-)

Edit:  and back - looking good.

• 21 July

First thing this morning, LB went straight to last night's fish and seemed to make a good fist of eating it for 20+ minutes:

Back to fave perch:

Observing everything:

A little movie from this morning pre-10:00:

• Unknown said:
    Well done LB. Proper fledgling now.

I had my last post open in that box for soooo long, and was just about to access the nest EDIT - "next" session - how exciting!

• Delighted to see that LB has fledged.  This was just after 17.00 today, but the scene is the same.

© Foulshaw Ospreys CWT

• Before I'm accused of total neglect of anything osprey related recently, I thought I'd post these not very good photos of the Bassenthwaite nest (you'll have to take my word for it...), taken from the Dodd viewpoint. The nest is at the base of a large oak tree at the 'front end' of the largest field you can see, on a platform erected for the purpose, not used as a nest site last year but re-adopted this year. If you can make out a single white chimney, come down from that and look a little to the right. There's a regular pair, who had 2 chicks this year. See the LDOP website for more

(c) Lake District Osprey Project

• The momentous FLEDGE of LB, Tiny, 463 Heart

3 flyabouts altogether here, and I forgot to caption the final one, where I've included his shadow, as lasting well over a minute:

• Unknown said:
    If you can make out a single white chimney, come down from that and look a little to the right.

I can't, KORKY, I can only see several little white blobs cos my eyes are terrible Cry  I sharpened up one of the snaps (with several bits of software, I haven't got PhotoShop):

• Brilliant confirmation of Tiny's fledge, thanks for the vid Scylla.  I have just found a couple of tweets as well.

Thanks for the pics from Bassenthwaite, Korky.  I have been there once and found it difficult to sort out where the tree was, the old tree.  It's a lovely area.  Good to know the same pair are still there.

• Great video scylla. It's such a relief to see 463 is now up up and away!
  • scylla said:
    I sharpened up one of the snaps (with several bits of software, I haven't got PhotoShop):

Oh gosh scylla, I didn't mean to put you to any trouble. The tree/nest is on the left hand side of the photo, 3cm from the left hand edge and 4 cm from the bottom! Sorry, I don't know how to put those clever little arrows on photos like wot you can