FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• 463 on the edge and doing a little flapping whilst B35 feeds one of the older chicks They have now flown off leaving some fish on the nest The other older chick has come noisily to the nest and claomed the fish Having a bit ofa struggle eating it on the edge of the nest
  • Am having problems posting - the Post button in RF is greyed out.

This was my post with the snaps missing:

=========================

Deleted - have cleared cache and the Post button is active again.

Recapping from earlier.

Recapping from earlier.

08:23:

I think this was Blue35 claiming it:

She flew off with it at this point, while YW feaked:

YW telling us that the end of the season is in sight, but he's a bit premature:

Blue35 brought the fish back and fed LB:

But only for a couple of minutes - LB retired, 462 came for a feed then then LB got another helping:

LB has been flapping and skidding but not got any height yet - maybe he'll surprise us like Seren's boy did

IMAGICAT

• 17 July cont'd.

Lunch, but 496 wasn't interested, other chicks came for it:

Some bits from the day - he had at least 2 meals:

18 July

Now:

IMAGICAT

• 463's siblings have come to join him and I think that is one of the adults in the dead tree

C CWT Foulshaw Moss

• 463 was wingercising when he became distracted by a tiny scrap of fish caught amongst the twigs at the left front edge He managed tp extricate it and was doing well pulling off pieces and feeding himsellf Afetr some time YW arrived with a fresh, headless fish I was willing 463 to go and take it but he was too busy with his scrap YW waited patiently for some time until B35 arrived when he ungallantly flew off with the fish
  • 18 July

Nice to see #3 have company - and no bonking, either  Blush   (I frequently have to tell YouTube watchers that they do grow out of it.)

There were several snuggle-ups for the 3 of the during the day:

Not quite a helicopter but a little height here:

After the heartbreaking episode witnessed live by PATILY, when #3 was too busy self-feeding a scrap and ignored Dad with a lovely new fish... he did get fed some more scraps later by 35:

More of a leap than a flight:

Another feed, thank goodness, and this was a new fish from Dad:

IMAGICAT

• Yes SCYLLA I so hope he soon realizes that he can safely take the fish from dad when his siblings aren't around

Currently he is looking very snug resting in the centre of the nest

C CWT Foulshaw Moss

• We seem to have a repeat of yesterday.....YW with fish and 463 not attempting to take it even though YW is standing there patiently and 463 looking as though he could do with a good feed

C CWT Foulshaw Moss

• Breakfish was 07:09 and it was a good whole fish:

Everybody piled in one after the other, you get the picture, except 463.

A big portion was left on the nest and a parent took it and brought it back - I think that...

Well that thought vaporised, here he did quite a nice fly-leap:

I'll pack up (as threatened earlier but I didn't do it) and hope to have a clearer head later.

IMAGICAT