WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• Hello, I'm still here! Sorry, I just plain forgot that I'd not been on here to post, although I did look in, 1st thing.

I was madly writing to friends & relatives what I thought about The Interview, when we first got up and heard about it today. Not writing about it here, as way too much to say!!

Sorry to hear that you have such worry over Callum, Heather, {{HUGS}}

• Heather - do hope it sorts itself out with Callum and that a fair outcome is possible.

We've just watched the interview and to me it was very well conducted and interesting to hear where Harry and Meghan are coming from. Certainly questions were raised about the Institution and how they acted. It will be interesting to see what the Palace has to say if anything.

dibnlib - just wish I could still give blood but after a heart procedure way back in 2007 I was told I couldn't donate again, I think because of the meds I'm taking. Still I did manage to get up to 50 donations over the years. 24 donations, keep going and you can probably hit the 50 mark. Well done.
  • HEATHER – It’s time Callum’s case was finalized; hope it’s soon.

After a week of previews, our TV news was full of extracts from The Interview. Enough’s enough. This morn’s newspaper relegated it to page 10.

A few days ago there was a TV item about the Ligurian bees on Kangaroo Island. Rare and disease free, they are struggling after half the island’s vegetation was lost in bushfires. The camera crew visited a honey farm as same time as Dau & Co. The report included a 3 second snippet of MissL licking her honey icecream!

• Just a thought

Cat life mice can foxes be wolves boring frogs but grasshopper let’s swan love it cow anyhow.
    Now read it again without the animals.

• Good Morning - sunshine here, but its "before the storm" apparently, with less settled weather on its way tonight.

Fame for a few minutes, then, for MissL, AQ!! What fun.

Dibnlib - well done on the donations. I reached 49 donations, spread over many years, but was frustrated to be told I must stop just as I was reaching 50 as I fainted at my last session - I suspect a sudden drop in blood pressure. My OH reached 50 and although he began donating years after me, he went to sessions a lot of times when I was too busy with the family, so he caught me up.

Today he is going to spend time at the allotment, as he & his new neighbour there are keen to get a water supply direct to their corner. Ar present it is several yards away which is a nuisance.
  • Ha ha, LINDY !
    It was only because we get to know each others posting habits ! Just as my neighbours across the road say that if they didn't see my curtains drawn back by a certain time, they would wonder if I was OK
    I had a call from GP practice, bringing forward my second vaccine dose to this Saturday, the 13th. Seven weeks exactly since the first.
  • Morning all:  None of my UK family watched The Interview.    All I'll say is that  that's one heckuva bridge Harry just burned.  

Heather:  Great that your second shot is scheduled.   Yesterday the CDC announced that two weeks after their second shot, people can meet indoors with similar folks without masks or social distancing.  At our Zoom yoga class last evening, the instructor said it won't be too long before she can open up the studio again while continuing Zoom classes for those still waiting for the vaccine.  I'm thrilled.  

AQ:   I looked for news video of little cuties licking ice creams on Kangaroo Island.  Found the story but no pix or video.  

Lindybird: How nice that your OH has a new allotment buddy.

I'm going to Arizona next week for Ms. D's 10th birthday and am really looking forward to being out on the road.  Granddaughter is organizing a Mad Scientist party in the local park.  She's had all the 'equipment' and 'chemicals'  since last year when the shut down started.   OH has decided to hold the fort at home where he can watch the evening news without me shouting at the television.  :-)