WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• Thanks for starting us off Annette and for showing us where you live or at least the countryside around you.

Happy Commonwealth Day and Women's World Day tomorrow.

Well a year has gone by since the first of the lockdowns and I'm sure we have all come through it, a bit scary at times, but nonetheless through it with light at the end of the tunnel. I expect most of us on here have had a first jab and are coming up for their second one. Hopefully we are somewhat covered .

Beautiful day down here although a bit chilly. Birds have been singing and flying around, no doubt making nests etc.

What will the week ahead bring?
  • PAT – I have always thought Sunday is the first day of the week. I go to church to start afresh; sort of weekly NY resolutions!

LINDA – I find it amazing that you can walk across private property. In Aussieland we wouldn’t dare, it’s trespassing.

Washing day to catch up on all those “every now & then items” and it is a full load. A few nights ago I was being bitten by small ants as I lolled on lounge. A dozen or so wandering over lounge, curtains, etc. No idea how or where they are getting inside but OH has sprayed house foundations where he thinks they are nesting. Although he hasn’t sprayed inside, last night my TV viewing was spoilt by the smell of the spray seeping in and I had to move. Tonight my viewing will be spoilt by an interview that has been dominating the news lately <sigh>. Thank goodness for books.

• Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I never argue. I just explain why I am right.

Let me know the rules so I can ignore them.

• Hello all
    I agree, just as well as we didn't quite know, a year ago, how things would turn out regarding Covid etc
    I gave up on sleep and put bedroom light on at 4am . Rather stupidly went online and read reports of ' the interview '. I found it all rather undignified.
    As for the first day of the week, it's always been Monday for me as all the weekly rotas at work started then, plus, my desk diary starts a new page  each Monday !
    No good news about Callum. I think he will be in Court again. Same incident, the first Sheriff may have been too lenient.... What a mess.

• Heather - So sorry the situation with Callum is still dragging on. Dreadful for all of you, and particularly for him. I do hope and pray it is all sorted out soon and he can move forward in his life.

Dull and grey here, and dire weather warnings for Wednesday and Thursday. Was that really Spring? I have a really busy week but - perhaps fortunately - it is centred around sitting on my settee with my computer on my lap. Looks like I will be a spectator through the window.

Happy second day of the week to everyone!
  • HEATHER Sorry to hear that.
  • Heather:  Really sorry that the whole business with Callum is being dragged up again.  Does he now have to get another attorney?  Do we know if the same judge/sheriff will have any influence?  I avoided The Interview but got texts from U.S. friends who were watching.   I did switch channels long enough to see a brief exchange about Archie not being a prince. Oh dear, I guess there's no chance for my grandson then.  What a disappointment.   Frankly, this whole public airing of hurt feelings was so depressingly predictable (and so American).  

Meanwhile........

• ANNETTE - I'm not sure what's happening about Callum, etc. He hasn't yet heard the details. Scottish law is different from English law.
    Hope everything is OK at LINDYs house, it's unusual for her not to be here morning time UK
  • I am very pleased with myself. I am just back from giving blood donation no 24.

ANNETTE So American sums the whole thing up perfectly. I will watch some of it tonight....till I can take no more!
  • Well done, DIBNLIB. 24 is a good count. I am too ancient to donate now.

HEATHER, It does not seem fair to keep a young person waiting so long, especially as he has once been cleared.
    Whatever happened, it is not right to put his life on hold.

I also wonder where LINDY is. We will probably cross posts!

ANNETTE, Yes, that does seem a fair assessment. Oversharing?