Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week and that spring is finally here for us all! (Except AQ, I hope your side of the world is cooler!)

• HEATHER – I hope your post is faster than ours and your Dau “only’ has asthma.

DIBLIB – Smart dog Benson surveying all from higher ground!

OG - I thought you would be disappointed in ship’s appearance. I was, but maybe they are working on essentials rather than cosmetic appearance. One day when I’m fitter & able to tramp longer, I shall go aboard (don’t hold your breath). This YouTube video was filmed before the ship moved to Dock 2 in 2019. 

• HEATHER: I hope your daughter doesn't have COVID and will recover quickly. Best to her. Also, I won't say anything further because I know the issue is unresolved, but I hope for the best for Callum.
  • Sleep is like the unicorn — it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any. (Dr. Seuss)

Sometimes going to bed feels like the highlight of my day. Ironically, to my children, bedtime is a punishment that violates their basic rights as human beings. (Jim Gaffigan)

My bed is a magical place where I can suddenly remember everything I was supposed to do.

• AQ:  Thanks for the link to the video - I'm impressed that the City of Adelaide is 85% original even though it doesn't look like it.    Your third saying is why I have a pad and pen in my bedside table drawer!  

Heather: Unfortunately, I imagine you'd agree with AQ's first saying.  Difficult that your daughter can't get to a testing sight and that they're mailing a test (no chance anyone can pick one up or even deliver it?; hope it turns out to nothing too serious.  

dibnlib: Does Benson hang his head out of the car window on his rides?   That baby badger is a cutie. 

OG:  Is your reaction to those meds getting any better?   

The State of Vermont is apparently offering appointments for Covid vaccinations to people age 65+ judging from the phone calls I started getting at 4:30 this morning from people who misdialed the Area Code, which is one digit different from ours.  (I keep my cell phone by the bed in case there's a calamity somewhere in the world that requires my attention.)  Am considering changing my outgoing message.....  :-)  

Thanks all for news and updates.  Take care everyone

• Good Morning. Hoping for another sunny day: yesterday was wonderfully bright but there was a cold sneaky wind on going outside. My OH is keen to tidy up the garden and prune things but I persuaded him to just do a bit at a time before he gets too tired.

AQ - Elusive sleep is such a cruel thing. I hope you yourself are sleeping OK and still taking an afternoon siesta.

We received a jolly film clip of three of our grandchildren going down a slide at their local play park, such fun to see them but how they are all growing! We still would only be able to see them in an outside setting in April, so no home visits yet :-(
  • Good Morning. Hoping for another sunny day: yesterday was wonderfully bright but there was a cold sneaky wind on going outside. My OH is keen to tidy up the garden and prune things but I persuaded him to just do a bit at a time before he gets too tired.

AQ - Elusive sleep is such a cruel thing. I hope you yourself are sleeping OK and still taking an afternoon siesta.

We received a jolly film clip of three of our grandchildren going down a slide at their local play park, such fun to see them but how they are all growing! We still would only be able to see them in an outside setting in April, so no home visits yet :-(
  • LOL repeating yourself again LINDA. No nanny nap for me today as OH's medical appt was 1.30 pm. We had to divert from usual route home as someone (truck?) had spilt something on road for about 2 km. Police & witches hats everywhere. Workmen spreading sand. Not a mention on evening news. I was so hyped up when we arrived home, I could not snooze, now I shall do so in front of TV before going to bed!

• Site was so slow I gave up last night.

AQ: Intrigued by 'witches hats' and assume that's Ozzie wear for one of your emergency services. Amazing what doesn't get on the local news at times....

Sure wish it would rain......
  • ANNETTE - witches hats may be traffic cones but AQ will tell us !

Middle daughter got email at the crack of dawn from Royal Mail, informing her that her test kit would be delivered this morning. It was, the test is done and now back in the post. She is feeling a lot better, cough is ' looser ' and we're hoping that it is connected with her asthma.I
  • Heather:  Oh right - yes, I didn't connect all the dots.  I was thinking black hats, not orange traffic cones on the ground!  Good that daughter feels better already and brilliant that the test was delivered so quickly.