Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

Richard B

• Returns at 15.27 and looking anxious, Half mantling her wings, Is it another female or at last a male? 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 15.30 - certainly our female and another Osprey on cam together. She flies off and returns quickly mantling.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• By the 'clunking'; next to the microphone she has returned to what appears to be her favourite perchg out of cam shot. With no sound of a skydancing vocal display intuition says the second Osprey was female. I hope I am wrong and the second bird is now away fishing and will return with a fish for her. Fingers crossed.

• 15,56 She is back on the nest I from her behaviour the other Osprey is still in the area. The Sunday roast is buyrning, but to paraphrase 'Gone with the wind' - 'Frankly, I couldn't give a damn.' Let it burn.

• Looks like this was Rutland 2018 female 3AX, who was also seen in Wales last year.

© Poole Harbour Osprey Project

• Oh for another , this time male. It could happen {:)
  • Unknown said:

Looks like this was Rutland 2018 female 3AX, who was also seen in Wales last year.

© Poole Harbour Osprey Project

Goos spot Alison!

• *Good

Even though I suspected female, the encouraging news is that there still appears to be 'unattached' Ospreys in the area. We just need 1 to be a male! 

• We can but hope, CRinger, but realistically we may have to wait for one of our translocated males to appear.
  • Well done Alison. I've had the cam on slomo replay to try to really see that number, but I just can't. Well done CRinger for your excellent exciting commentary! Thank you both. Presumably she has not long returned for her second year in search of a nest. Better head north to Rutland, where females are desperately needed, unless things have improved this year!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/