WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2021

Happy New Week and Happy Valentine's Day to anyone celebrating it  Heart eyes

• Diane - So pleased you managed to get to a supermarket and stock up. Your weather is beyond anything we in this part of England can possibly imagine. We thought we had problems with around six inches of snow and temperatures five, six and seven degrees below zero for a week was bad enough, but your weather makes ours sound like a minor irritation. Do take care - and I hope and pray your weather will improve very soon.

Lindy - I have been sending Jacquie Lawson cards for several years - I think they're wonderful. Such variety, I can always find something suitable for any occasion and any person. So clever. And you really only need to send half a dozen a year to get your money's worth. I hadn't seen the flamingo one, but will certainly use it in the future.

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe. Harelady, our temperature is supposed to go up to seventeen degrees at the weekend - we would often be happy with that in the middle of summer!
  • Good idea to use the car regularly, Harelady. They don't like being left for weeks!

Sunshine here, which is very welcome. Even put some of my OHs trousers out on the line!
  • My niece has been told there is no bleed on the brain and to get migraine medication from her GP, so that is a relief.
  • That's such good news DIBNLIB. You will all be much relieved.
  • DIANE So sorry you have had such a nightmare day. Abscesses are incredibly painful at the best of times. My OH is just back from the afternoon dog walk. He couldn't take the usual route as the path looked lethal and this morning we were told to avoid if poss. It will probably be a couple of days before we try again.
  • That is good news DIBNLIB. I did think of migraine when you said the scan did not show anything. Migraine can be very debilitating though, but treatable with medication. Better than anything coming up on the scan. What a relief.

Very sorry about your dreadful day, DIANE. You must have felt very alone. I am glad that you managed to get a good supply of provisions. If we could, we would all be round for a party! Probably not a good idea for you with a painful abscess!
    I hope it will soon get better. Nothing worse than freezing air for a sensitive tooth.

The card was lovely LINDY. Thank you. I think I will start sending to Jaquie Lawson cards. They look really good.
  • Thank you. Yes we are pleased it is not more serious though migraines can be very debilitating of course.
  • It must be a relief Dibnlib. Although as you say, they can be nasty.

Someone has moved out of a house along our road this morning, and the van blocked the access for an hour or so - we've also had low water pressure on and off for a couple of days which meant that a utility company came along and dug up the road to get at the pipes, and half blocked up the other end of the road! All gone home now, although my OH just said that he had a low pressure shower tonight!

• THANKS to everyone for your very kind comments to me in response to my post last night. I'm usually not this whiny, but I have a lot of challenges in my life right now and this blizzard was just the last dang straw. Thanks for being so nice!

• Rosy: A big party would be great! I think it would do us all good!