WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2021

Happy New Week and Happy Valentine's Day to anyone celebrating it  Heart eyes

• DIANE - Stay warm & fed. No more emergency outings. If only I could send you some of our expected heat.

• Oh Diane, that's just awful - and with a toothache yet.  I wish I could make you a nice hot toddy, give you a hug and tell you everything will be okay.  Do you have an appointment to see the dentist?  Great that you made it to your local stores and managed to stock up, but it all sounds so difficult, having to use a hairdryer to unfreeze the car doors and shovel snow just to get to the highway.  We've been watching the forecast and so much of the country is in horrible shape with all these storms (which are all passing to our north).  I spoke to my sister in the UK and they're also having (as noted by folks here) unusually cold weather.   Will the heating hold up in your house?   Sending warmest thoughts to you dearie.  We have lots of willing shoulders on the thread, so feel free to lean on all of them!  

Heather: Neglected to acknowledge news about Amy's bad reaction to the vaccine.  Was that her first dose?  If so, I assume docs et al will be seriously alert to a repeat with the second dose.

Spent the day doing major puttering and chatting on phones.  Got take out tonight, but it wasn't as good as last time, I think because the whole world was ordering take-out for Valentine's Day....

Hallo to everyone else; have a good Monday and stay warm/cool wherever you are.

• We were told Pfizer vaccine would arrive by air “before end of week”. I suggested to OH that it would be Monday. Sure enough, the first batch has touched down in Sydney after midday. Great secrecy for security reasons, freezers in warehouses in unknown locations in 3 cities ready & waiting, batch testing to follow and first jabs expected next Monday. That should quieten those complaining that Aussieland is behind the rest of the world. I wonder if grumblers noticed we have relatively few cases compared to many countries.
  • Annette and AQ: When I went on my emergency run to get food, I drove about 25 minutes to the Walmart Superstore in my county. I'm glad I didn't rely on my local stores, because I read on Facebook tonight that the little general store near to me is already sold out of everything. At Walmart, I bought about a month's worth of groceries. I didn't feel guilty about buying so much, because they had prepared for the blizzard and were restocking shelves as I shopped. I'm relieved that I braved the elements, because now I don't have to be afraid.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. You're the best!

• AQ: I'm glad your country has the vaccine. Australia can be proud that you've had so few cases in comparison to other countries, including the U.S. Actually, Australia conducts cutting-edge, brilliant medical research. When I was a writer/editor for a major pharmaceutical company, I was always very impressed with the research in your country.
  • Diane, I've just read your description of your desperate journey. Well done on keeping your head and doing what was necessary. I'm pleased to hear that you got in plenty of supplies - the weather sounds dreadful.
    Keep warm and safe - we are indeed all rooting for you. {{BIG HUGS}}
  • AQ - Glad you're now joining us with your vaccine roll out. It's made a lot of people here feel safer.
  • Thanks, Lindy! I loved your card you posted! Excellent!
  • DIANE - I think that we were all with you every step of the way of your journey. It's reassuring to know that you are now well stocked up with food x I hope that your tooth will be OK. You come from hardy folk, I seem to remember that you sewed up your own hand a number of years ago?
  • Diane - Phew! That was some journey for you. So pleased you got there and back without mishap and are well stocked up.

I've not used the car for over a week - I hope it starts ok tomorrow when I go shopping.

I am still attending Church online - but undecided about what to do on Ash Wednesday - our Priest said in the newsletter that he would sprinkle those of us in church us with ashes - not quite sure how that will work.

Loved the card Lindy!

Our snow has more or less gone and it is raining now. I also see on Accuweather that my part of Suffolk is going to get to 14 degrees and full sun at the weekend - bliss!

My youngest Granddaughter Lily will be one on Saturday and has spent most of this year at home poor thing - I so long to get her to the beach and playing in the sand. The last time we were all together was a glorious July day at the beach with all four Grandchildren - luckily we all took lots of photos.

Well we shall have to see what Bumbling Boris tells us on 22nd when we are due the lockdown update.

Everyone keep as well as you can and roll on the weekend and the sun! (Sorry AQ)