WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2021

Happy New Week and Happy Valentine's Day to anyone celebrating it  Heart eyes

• You may or may not have seen this before--it came out about the end of March last year but I have only just seen it. It is Jeff DePaoli with Coronavirus Etude. Also note the bust on the left of the view. Hope the whole thing gives you a giggle: www.youtube.com/watch

Kind regards, Ann

• Gardenbirder:  That's good - a bit thin in the melody department though.  Don't think Rachmaninoff has too much to worry about.

Heather:  Granddaughter and a long-time friend have a 'thing' about birds, etc., so that must've been unpleasant for your daughter.

dibnlib:  I'd think 2022 would be a safe bet for a cruise.

Lynette: So much disruption for young people facing qualifying tests, etc. What happens if the GCSE is canceled?

Rosy:  Ha! I hope someone will remind everyone that it was you who spearheaded the recycling project.  If not, you may have to blow your own trumpet.

Very hectic day here.  Saw an ad on craigslist  first thing for a couple of patio umbrellas (the kind that tilt as you wind them) so zoomed off to check them out and got one.  Fabric is Sunbrella, which is brilliant at not fading and standing up to the sun.  Saw them at Costco for $139 with LED lights (which I didn't want), so am pleased with my $35 substitute. The fabric part is currently in the washing machine.   We both had our second Covid shots,  then zoomed home to watch Perseverance land, then I spent almost two hours on phone (unplanned) with family members (arghhh ) re and one thing and another, which were followed by two generous glasses of red wine.  And it's only just 4 p.m.  One of the nice pieces of news was that Ms D's school was hooked up to the ISS yesterday as part of their STEM curriculum and able to hear one of the female astronauts talk about the Mars Rover mission.

• PAT – Happy to help with your news sheet. After all I have “borrowed” these quotes from here and there.

DIBNLIB & LINDA – Cruises have resumed in our coastal waters, although with restricted numbers and many health checks.

ROSY – Tantalizing to imagine how you look LOL.

ANN – That is so funny. Can’t wait to play it for OH.

Not too hot yet, only 34 C, and north winds have not started, yet. I dashed to library as soon as it opened for my book addiction.

Yesterday FB blocked users in Aussieland from news content. Our govt wants them to pay for news items; Google has agreed to do so. In the shutdown many websites have been affected, even charities, govt, safety (eg bushfire & covid info). It seems only conspiracy theories available now! I have never bothered with FB.

• Just a thought

The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it. (Richard Bach)

• Gardenbirder: LOL Very funny. I needed a laugh before bed. Thanks. Hope you're well.

• Diane do hope your weather will improve soon,and you keep well.

Thought you may be interested re Nasa's Rover landing.....

The all important Parachute that slows rover decent,was actually made  in the UK, here in my local part 'Tiverton '( well renowned old Lace making) .

• Good Morning. Thanks to Gardenbirder for the funny clip - a bit different,that's for sure!

AQ - We have had the story of FB and your Government going head to head, here. These companies are so hugely wealthy and powerful now, it's rather worrying, but I suppose it was just a matter of time until they clashed with governments Glad you got out to the library - hope you're feeling stronger now.

Annette, well done on the bargain umbrellas.

Heather, I dont mind flappy creatures but I do sympathise, it must be terrifying for anyone to have a bird in the house if they cant cope with the experience. I rescued my late Friend from a starling which came in from down their chimney and flew around the living room, once
  • That's impressive about the parachute in the news SunnyKate!
  • Gardenbirder - Thank you for starting my day with a smile! And being a pianist, I almost laughed out loud. Another candidate for next week's church news sheet along with some of AQ's quotes. The time may come when the whole news sheet is full of clips from Weekly Chat - that could save me hours!!
  • Despite my youngest's fright with the bird in her bedroom, she phoned me this morning, quite excited, to tell me that there was a beautiful male bullfinch sitting on a tree branch in their garden in Elgin. They've never seen one there before. I've never seen one here, either.