Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy week!

White-Tailed Deer
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
US National Park Service, NPS/Pat Cohee
Photo labeled Public Domain/Copyright Free

• Heather, at least you have now and someone will be able to get to you quickly if need be. Do hope your vertigo quietens down and hopefully disappears. Its not a pleasant condition as I suffer from time to time from paroxysmal
    vertigo . Thankfully, not had a bout recently.

Weather has been cold but only had a smattering of snow compared with some areas of the country. Just staying cold and frosty. Have a good weekend all, stay warm and safe.
  • Lynette:  Tiresome that you have to hide out; hope it goes quickly and all is well.

House is sparkling and clean!  Yay!     OH and I were notified that our second Covid shots will be administered next week.  Yay again.   Celebrated with two chocolate mini-cones from Trader Joe's this evening.   Must do grocery shop tomorrow - refrigerator is scarily empty...  

Take care everyone.  (I can't believe it's Saturday again tomorrow.)

• LYNETTE – I hope your OH is not too ill and you don’t catch it.

ANNETTE & DIANE – My in box is filling with unsolicited emails from some Hawley & Huckabee Sanders & senate confederates. Luckily most are diverted to spam which I only check weekly. If only they could have asecret ballot for the vote and thus not have to worry about repercussions.

Dau#2 dropped in about 2-ish to drop off chocs for OH’s birthday. Dau#1 is to drop in about 5 pm. I managed ½ hour nanny nap. Said birthday is tomorrow.

• Just a thought

These are the good old days the next generation will hear so much about.

• AQ - Yes, I totally agree, very pleased Thiem won. Also agree with your thoughts on bad court behaviour - personally I would ban them for a year if they behaved badly. And I would also widen what 'bad behaviour' actually was. Their on-court antics just encourage youngsters to think it's clever and acceptable. It goes right back to Jimmy Connors and should have been stamped on hard then. It's probably too late now, sadly - but if enough people complain, perhaps the powers that be will do something about it. Or - more likely - they won't. I look forward to watching Thiem's next game.

Our snow is gradually going, but it's still very cold out there, forecast to reach the heady heights of 0 degrees this afternoon. Wow! That's the highest for a few days ... probably one more day for the boots!
  • Good Morning. Sorry your OH has had a positive result, Lynette- hope he is not too ill with it.

Rosy - The Bin Queen, LOL!! I like it, and I'm sure the other residents are grateful for your efforts.

Very very cold wind, here. Not looking forward to going outside, for supplies, today.
  • Dau#2 and her OH came, chatted & went, in time for us to have our tea. I am very tired but not deadly tired. Nothing on TV but ancient Escape to Country episodes so it won't matter if I nod off before bedtime!

PAT - No boots needed here, 29 C tomorrow after a cool 13 overnight.

LINDA - I think I accidently flagged you as spam, sorry.

• LINDY Glad your OH is learning to relax a bit.

HEATHER Hope you get no more vertigo problems.
  • LINDY What a very sad story of your Mums last years. So glad you did get to her and got help.
  • LYNETTE Sorry to hear you and your OH are isolating.

Glad you mentioned pancake day. My OH loves his pancakes, and luckily I bought 4 this morning. I always like to keep them in as they are handy for all sorts.