Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy week!

White-Tailed Deer
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
US National Park Service, NPS/Pat Cohee
Photo labeled Public Domain/Copyright Free

• Good Morning. Forgot to come on here....

Sunshine now and still cold, but not the -5 it was when we woke up! Much colder on the North of UK, though!

• Yes, LINDY ! Very cold inland I believe - 21c but only -11 c in my back garden this morning. Beautiful blue skies and sunshine, my solar panels are busy making hot water.
    Nothing exciting to report, feeling very lazy !
  • AQ: If anyone needs a day off, it's nurses.

Threw towels in washer, went for walk, home for next laundry batch and off to sort out the world down the hall!
  • I threw towels in the washer, too. It's been one of those funny days, when you are not sure about anything - I really lost track of the day of the week. My OH went to wish one of his sisters a happy birthday, (of course he had to stand on the doorstep) and came back looking tired. He had to admit that he still needs to take it easy.

A friend of my OHs had the vaccine and was just a little headachy, but his wife had a feverish reaction for a couple of days. It does seem to vary a lot between people.
  • That sounds darned cold, Heather.

Let's hope these are the last really wintry days, and that when things begin to warm up on Sunday, it will be the end of the worst of winter and the beginning of spring arriving.
  • Our bathrooms are now safe for human occupation. :-) So am going to call it a day (at least as far as cleaning is concerned) have lunch and retire with my book.
  • Not a good day, but parts were very good - "rough with the smooth" I suppose. Spent a silly hour watching Mouse enjoying the sunshine - very funny when he seemed to be afraid of his own shadow!

I have taken back the main drafting of menu plans - we all got fed up with two hours every Saturday trying to do it by committee. My new schedules can be taken as a template, but changed by agreement . I did admit I was feeling disempowered by losing the task I was best at!

Another Friday tomorrow - I am sure extra days are pushing into the calendar, making every week so long!
  • OG, I am finding the opposite. Time seems to be flying by. In no time at all it is Friday again. Early morning food shop.

OH and I have been watching some of the impeachment trial. Very interesting - and impressive speakers.

Your OH must slow down a bit LINDY. It takes longer to recover when one is no longer a spring chicken!

I have just finished reading Black Narcissus. The descriptions of the scenery and people are excellent, but I thought the story fizzled out in the end. I suppose it could not finish any other way, though.
  • I liked the original black & white film of Black Narcissus, Rosy. I've never read the book.

Saw some bits of the impeachment trial on The News - they were indeed impressive speakers, and we saw new footage of the dreadful invasion as it happened - shocking and frightening.

My OH has been such an Action Man, he finds it hard to slow down, but today he rested after going out, and began to re-read "The Horse Whisperer" a book we both enjoyed reading a few years ago.
  • OG - I see you have your own entertainment in the form of Mouse. How cute. I find the week going quite quickly, rather than taking a long time - which seems contrary as we are not doing much! Just hope that now we can rush towards Spring, and then the end of this lockdown situation.