Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy week!

White-Tailed Deer
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
US National Park Service, NPS/Pat Cohee
Photo labeled Public Domain/Copyright Free

• Rosy/Lindybird:  I found the speakers at the Impeachment hearings very impressive in depicting the sequence of events.  Will it make a difference to the many Republican senators who are busy looking out for themselves?   I'm not holding my breath.

Removed all the knickknacks from the shelves, wiped them off and dusted the shelves which means the major cleaning of the living room should go much faster tomorrow with that out of the way.

Have a good Friday everyone.

• OG – Brilliant that you are now the committee of one in charge of menus.

The Trial is heavily featured on our media with videos snips, rivalling the output of covid news. Seems to be good news that UK cases are down. Victoria is taking no chances with latest Melbourne outbreak (now 13 positive) – lockdown from midnight. Only 4 reasons to leave home, only exercise within 5 km. Schools, gyms, churches, restaurants closed. Too bad for Valentines Day celebrations. Our state has closed our border to whole of Victoria.

I cleaned bathroom this morn, what my mother would have called “a lick & a promise”. The kitchen floor after nanny nap. I hope I am fit enough to wash hair later. Maybe I could hire ANNETTE for a visit now she has practised on her home.

• Let me repair what your husband fixed. (sign on plumber’s van)

If you take something back to the shop because it doesn’t work, it’s bound to work when you get it to the shop.

I can fix everything except stupid.

• AQ - There's probably no answer to this ... but I'm going to ask anyway. How come that there is now a full five-day lockdown but the Australian Open is continuing with a crowd there??? I assume there's money behind it somewhere. Watching Kyrgios and Thiem battle it out in the fifth set - come on, Thiem!!

Lovely and sunny here, but still very cold. No more snow overnight, but a very heavy frost. My proposed long walk with a friend this afternoon has turned into a Zoom chat, but I will try to get out for a brief spin around the grounds once the tennis has finished.

Have a good day, everyone, and do take care on those slippery paths. I heard of someone who broke their ankle a couple of days ago.
  • Good Morning. Beautiful sunshine here but an icy cold wind when I went to feed th e birds.

Annette, well done on getting on with your spring cleaning. I've been tweaking at the edges, sorted out the herbs & spice rack the other day and threw out some of them. Yesterday cleaned the glasses shelves in the kitchen, which are glass shelves. Today must dust the big bookshelf in the sitting room. It's been highly amusing seeing all the various bookshelf arrangements on the TV zoom interviews - some people actually using it as an opportunity to advertise their own book!

Hope that you continue to feel improved, OG.
  • PAT I think that I heard that there would be no one allowed in to the tennis for five days? Just the players. 

• View from our bedroom this morning. It turned into a wonderful vista of pinks and blues, which kept changing.

• Heather, I hope your vertigo is now leaving. Horrible to experience.
  • Thanks LINDY, it has almost disappeared. However I have finally realised (!)that a!though my family have keys to this house, I wasn't making things easy if they had to get to me quickly. Apart from the intruder alarm, I had a,chain on the front door and was in the habit of locking the inner porch door which is one of those 12 glass panelled doors. So now don't put chain on and don't lock the inner door. They know the code for the alarm. I can't believe that neither they nor I had thought things through properly !!!!
  • I have now heard that the lockdown only started at midnight - had the match I was watching gone past midnight they would have to stop and get the fans out before continuing. Glad that didn't happen - Kyrgios is volatile enough with that sort of interruption! Glad Thiem won - he has a great game and an excellent court presence. Look forward to his next match.

Heather, glad the vertigo has almost gone. And sounds like sensible arrangements over security to someone can get to you if necessary. And good that you worked it out for yourself rather than having it imposed on you!

It's a beautiful day here. The snow is disappearing in the sun, but the temperature is still hovering around freezing. Walking in the sun is pleasant, but when I turned a corner into the wind it was bitter! Interesting marks on the surface of the lake - still frozen hard with the fresh snow over the surface. Looks as though a fox and a couple of squirrels have been investigating. Bet they got a surprise when they met the 'liquid' water!

Lindy, I would really like to post photographs here. I tried some years ago, and failed miserably. Haven't tried since this 'new' site. Like a lot of people, I know what I know, and am happy in my comfort zone! I really should try again ...