Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• aquilareen said:
    I’ve passed halfway, only 7 more.

Bless you  AQ, passing the half way is always a good way to congratulate ourselves,Thoughts and Prayers daily winging their way to you.

The BBC showed the inauguration Poem HERE,by the young Poet Laureate, certainly encompasses the mood , now and the past weeks.

EDIT

Sorry Lindy forgot to say, so sad to see your lovely garden with so much water, I do hope your plants will survive, and give you once again so much pleasure come the Spring

• Yay, AQ!! Passed halfway!! It is tedious, but not long to go, now.
    Good morning. We wondered what we would wake up to today, as it began snowing during the evening. It's still white over, but some of it has thawed. Of course, the thawed snow will just add to our flooding problems. People on a Facebook page, living around the corner from us are blaming a nearby housing development which has only just begun - they are putting in the drains and roads for a couple of hundred houses in the fields.

Edit: But we think it's just the sheer amount of rain we've had - unbelievable. 

• Out of our front door at 11.00pm last night. The snowflakes were so huge, they streaked across the photo!

• The fields at the rear, at first light today.

• Thanks for pics, LINDY . Sorry for your poor garden I wonder if the new houses have anything to do with It but as you say, there has been a tremendous amount of rain in your area.
    Great news that you are getting vaccine tomorrow. I'm happy enough to get mine on Saturday but would wait until all key workers received it first if that was able to happen.
    More snow here overnight but not much where I live which is pretty much at sea level. Middle daughter couldn't make it up the hill to her school job this morning. She was in a colleague's car which was all over the place. Milk lorry in front of them had to stop, also. So she was back at home by 5am. Too early for the gritters!
  • Great AQ, that you are past halfway now. Not long to go. I think you said that all of your appointments were early morning? What tantrums the tennis players are throwing...
  • Good morning all and so sorry to read about all the flooding - those poor people.

AQ - half way - that's great.

Now I don't want to start a riot but - I also got a call yesterday from my doctors - I have an appointment tomorrow at 9.24 for my vaccine. My first comment was - "but I'm only 65 - are you sure"

The receptionist assured me it was correct and they are getting though people quicker than anticipated. It does seem wrong as I know people close-by, but registered with a different surgery and who are older than me and are still waiting.

There is no point in being noble and refuse as it would just go to another 65 year old and to Clare who I assume is purple with anger - I do so hope that Limpy will have his soon.

Heather - sorry to read about your son's business - my Son and partner have still not found any work, despite applying for anything that appears - its so worrying but I can't see anything changing until after Easter now.

Also listening to radio 4 this morning - they are now saying that cases may not have been coming down as the figures have shown - the incompetence of this Government knows no end.

Stay well all.

• HEATHER Sorry to hear things are so bad. I do hope things improve soon.
  • HARELADY - It is the same here, some medical practices must have a greater number of over 80s. My stepson mother in law is 90 and with a different practice, hasn't had her vaccine yet.
  • HARELADY Someone I know of took a while to get employment. He was a pilot made redundant from BA early on. He applied for anything and everything and will be starting to drive for Stagecoach soon. A different mode of transport but he is pleased he will be working again. He thinks it will be a few years before he is back in the air!!!