Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• I was as well - watching bowls!

Heather - Earplugs and a face mask, I think.
  • I've been very busy, and then this afternoon sat down to sort some papers whilst watching the Inauguration, fascinated. Loved Lady Ga Ga!! Glad all went well, & it only snowed a little!
  • No  Heather, not flooded out -- yet.  Flooding is not something we have ever had to worry about,  until recently. We are not on low lying land, and there are no rivers here. But......

This is our garden this afternoon. This is a paved area.

• On the other side of the garden  a path which is now overflowing onto the lawn.

Luckily our house is above this, as the land is sloping at the rear of the house, so we go down steps into the garden. The house is not threatened, but my poor plants!

• Heather, you're going to have a busy summer!
  • None of that "really wet rain" here!

More NHS silliness - J logged on for the video physio only to be told they had texted him to say it was cancelled - his old phone! SO that was both of us cancelled for today - no idea when anything might happen.

Not sure why people thought I had "recovered" - still dropping off to sleep whenever and wherever - and not waking up in the mornings.

Had our church's first Covid death last evening - a ninety two year old lady. We were told she was in hospital with virus and seriously ill on Sunday; it seems to have taken her very quickly.
  • Sorry about the old lady, OG. We heard today of the death of someone we know slightly. About 80 yrs old I think. Sorry you're still not well.
    Well, it's been an eventful day here. I got a long email from my brother in S Africa. Then the phone went and I've got an appointment for my covid jab on Friday morning.
    Its rained non stop for over 24 hours and in nearby Manchester they are evacuating people from their homes.
    And now....its snowing!!! Eveything is white over since it started a couple of hours ago. Not forecasted, and goodness knows how much water there will be when it thaws, as it should not be freezing tonight.

• I woke 2.30 am & couldn’t get back to sleep. Instead of reading, I turned on TV to see VP take her oath. Then slept until 6.30. Another early appt, home before the heat (expecting 35 C). I’ve passed halfway, only 7 more.

HEATHER – I hope your son’s businesses (and so many others) can hang on until vaccine can make a difference.

LINDA - I wonder if you agree with this quote:-

Kindness is like snow – It beautifies everything it covers. (Kahlil Gibran)

• Google earth view gives you the amazing chance to see amazing places all over the world, from the comfort of your own home.
    With this amazing privilege, what do most people look at?
    Their own house, their friends houses, and mostly places they have already been to!

If Facebook has taught us anything it's that a lot of people aren't quite ready for a spelling bee.