WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JANUARY !0, 2021

Back later to catch up.

• My OH has been called in, to have his vaccination, tomorrow afternoon! It will be easy for us, as it's within walking distance. We decided to tell our children afterwards, as I'm sure they'll be pleased.
  • Brilliant Lindybird re  your OH and tx for the Wedgewood tile pix.  My sister and BiL have collected many old tiles - many Art Deco, Arts & Crafts and other old fireplace tiles.  I brought a couple home with me on one trip - they aren't framed but lay flat on a shelf along with other 'important' items given or gathered over the years.  At some point wIll try to upload a photo directly from my iPhone and see what happens.  Good that you have heat in the house.

Now I too am wondering where OG is.....

• Still no OG. Hope they're just busy.

Heather, you posted at the same time as I was wittering earlier. That sofa must be annoying.

Annette, I love Arts & Crafts, and art deco.

It's been warmer here which is a relief. Lovely sunshine this morning. I sorted out some music cassettes which I'd been hoarding. I intended to copy them and make digital files out of them, but then I decided to buy some CDs if they were available - after investigation I found that some of them were very cheap as they're so old! My CD collection is even bigger than my shoe collection by the way!

• Lindybird:  I copied all my favorite CD tracks to my laptop and then to my iPhone.  Then I got some cheapo ear buds, which are wretched for music, but just fine for podcasts when I'm working in my garden.   (We donated the CDs to the library.)

Going to spend another evening under Starry Nights with Van Gogh (not a jigsaw made easier by artificial light)..  

• HARELADY – I hope they are sorting your problem and quickly.

LINDA – Your tiles are interesting. I have seen stained glass windows depicting the 4 seasons.

My appt today was 10.06 am. At that time car park is full – it took me longer to walk to and from than the actual time spent in clinic. I must say they are very good, very little time spent waiting. I managed one row of knitting. Coming home via library to collect the latest Peter Robinson ordered by inter-library loan. The book came from an Adelaide Hills library as all suburban books are borrowed. After lunch, food shop as it is pension discount day. I’ve stocked up with 2 weeks’ worth just in case. . .  The rest of afternoon snoozed.

• Progress is man’s ability to complicate simplicity. (Thor Heyerdahl)

I hate when people ask me what I'm doing tomorrow, I don't even know what I'm doing today.

So much to do. So few people to do it for me.

• Hello all
    A slow start for me today. After a couple of appalling nights with only about 2-3 hours sleep, finally the sleep gods were kind to me last night!
    It's quite cold here and as usual, I'm struggling to keep warm. Upstairs is warm, downstairs is cold and I hate breathing in cold air! So I'm upstairs in my bedroom which is big enough to have a,TV and a couple of armchairs. Roll on Spring !!
    Have just been chatting on the phone to various offspring. Three of them phone me every day. My son is very low in mood - partly lockdown and the effect is having on the business and their income, their life. I can do little but listen. If only I could make everything better as I could when they were small !
  • I agree with your last sentence HEATHER.

Glad your treatment is going well AQ. Keep up the reading and the snoozing!

Has anyone seen the sun recently? (in this country anyway). I am forgetting what it looks like.