Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) is 14 December. I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week. Seek out joy, folks. 

Check back to last week's thread to see the latest posts, including one from Rosy. 

Red-Headed Woodpecker
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
National Park Service: NPS/Warren Bielenberg
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• HEATHER - thinking of you today - have a "good" time reminiscing with his granddaughter (is this the arty one?). I was thinking of Bill a day or two ago and wondering how he would have endured this covid year!
  • AQ Your funny quotes keep me amused.
  • HEATHER I have heard those same sentiments a few times. Glad your granddaughter was with you for lunch.
  • I have started another jigsaw. I have done it before many years ago. I do think just doing the edges will take me as long as some of the entire 1000 piece puzzles I do. This must be the reason I haven't done it again in a long while!!
  • Yes OG, she has a degree in fashion design and technology. Unfortunately she feels it was a waste of time as no jobs or rather no jobs that she could be happy in. I'm worried about her, she doesn't know what career path to follow and says that she feels such a failure. I said that the fact that she completed a four year degree course shows that she can apply herself to work and study and that can only be a good thing....
  • Absolutely, Heather. She has a nice blank sheet in front of her, in the form of her life which is not mapped out, yet. But that doesn't mean it won't soon be filling up with experiences - it doesn't really matter what she does now - any job, paid or unpaid, or volunteering will do, to look good on her CV in the future. It will round her out to add to her life's patchwork quilt.

Good Luck to her - I'm sure she'll have a wonderful life. (There's a film in there, somewhere!)
  • Have got lots of replies in my head, hope that they will still be there tomorrow !
    Meantime, regards to all
  • Dibnlib: enjoy the jigsaw! My ill fated jigsaw is now in the luggage to go back to Wales next year (when ????) to give to one of our neighbours there - we've encountered two families who are feverish fans of the difficult ones!

Our electric shower has been stuck on "on" since Saturday - our plumber said that he could come Wednesday, but then suddenly rang up this afternoon to say he could fit us in today - much rushing about to tidy up. Bonnie didn't like seeing someone in a mask going up the stairs. She was fastened in the living room with me but we have glass in the door, so she could spy him and of course, is not used to visitors now! Much barking. Shower duly fixed in only ten minutes with a new part he had in his van, so all good.
  • HEATHER - not a good time for anyone to be starting out on life/career/job. I hope something useful appears for her soon.

EVERYONE - had a very full day - didn't fit everything in, but came to decision that we really didn't need to bake scones, so that was one job covered. Had the phone consultation with Rheumatologist this morning. He wants me off anti-inflams asap but is suggesting stronger painkillers - this could mean I shall be off four meds which I am taking now, so no longer 9 preparations every morning, just five - therefore less breakfast to help get them down! Hoping to sit down with OH now as he has hardly stopped all day!
  • Actually wrapped some presents this morning. I had done the ironing, and felt like doing a bit of paper folding, so decided it would be nice to get some wrapping done even though the presents which I was getting out, won't be going to the recipients till January! I had put some of my OHs shirts & t shirts in the wash, so I put them outside in the watery winter sunshine. An hour or so later, they were back inside and filling up the ironing basket which I'd just emptied!

A flurry of cards on the mat from the postman, so I guess a lot of people decided to get theirs out early.