Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Grab some joy where you can.

Stay strong, friends!

Cow moose grazing on willows
US National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• Feeding the ducks and coots. They had some bird feed as bread is frowned upon, of course.

• LINDA - your photos arrived while I was copying to send - lovely family - and how like his Daddy Tomasz is now!
  • Thank you DIANE and thank you, LINDY for the lovely pics x
    I've been fiddling with my Kindles but have come to the conclusion that two of them are on the way out.
    I'll be back here at some point but meantime, I'm up to date with your news everyone - thank you!
  • Oh dear, Heather. Frustrating for you. Is there a local tech shop where you should get them checked over? Most towns seem to have one.

OG - Glad the kitchen plans are beginning to be finalised. It's always a big decision as too expensive to change once its done!
  • Last pic of Rosie before I get carried away - I took nearly 50 photos but deleted a third of them,  later.

• Lindy - Lovely photographs. Thank you.

If anyone feels like a really good Carol service this evening, you might like to try this - it's organised by Methodist Central Hall Westminster and Premier Radio. It starts at 6.00pm UK time, but will be available on YouTube afterwards.
    www.youtube.com/.../MCHWevents
  • Mornng all:

Lindybird. Really does sound like the smartest decision for all re next week.  Good intentions on everyone's part but no point in all getting exhausted and/or possibly cranky (thinking Amber but who knows?)  :-)   Hope your OH is okay with that.  We had our widowed friend over for dinner last night and she and her family have made the same decision re who, what, when, how or maybe none of the above.  She'll spend the day with her sister or I'll invite her over here for the day.    Lovely pix of the kiddies - Thomasz is certainly turning into a handsome young man.  It's always so interesting to see their adult faces emerge around that age.

Heather: Good luck with the Kindles.  Have you tried shouting at them?

AQ:  Where do you find all those wonderful quotes/sayings?

OG:  In spite of all our measurements, we discovered 6 spare inches on the 'wrong' side of a load-bearing wall halfway through our major kitchen remodel. Result was we deepened storage shelves for the pantry on the 'right' side and added a handy slide-out drawer for spices and herbs on the 'wrong' side.  In retrospect, I should have allowed for more countertop space on the right side of the sink and gone for just one large sink big enough for the biggest pans instead of a divided one.  Oh well.  In my next life....

Did quite a bit of raking yesterday but must finish today as the street sweeper comes tomorrow and will carry off any leaves I manage to move to the gutter.

Take care all.

• LINDY Some wonderful photos, thank you.
  • HEATHER - sounds as if you have more than the two Kindles anyway, and I know you had two PCs also, so maybe time to get rid of the least reliable ones, they don't go on forever!

LINDA - OH did actually sign up for the kitchen, to secure the date he had in mind in March! I am happy with the new plans which he brought home, and the price too. Next step will be a detailed survey by the installation team leader and plumber together in January.

ANNETTE - we think we have taken everything into account re the kitchen. We have a few custom-built tweaks to accommodate things already there which are out of the ordinary - the laundry cupboard (appliances below, airing above) and the oven housing which is set into a wall and has developed over time! But it seems they can do all we ask. We are also having an extra tap to deliver filtered water - both ambient and chilled - but not the more usual boiling water as we don't drink tea and think it could be dangerous with two oldies in the kitchen. Good that you can dispose of the raked leaves in that way - good timing! Leaves are still coming down here as we have just not had enough frost for a complete fall.

Intending to bake mince pies again tomorrow, but trying to insist that this batch really reaches the freezer for Christmas!