Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Grab some joy where you can.

Stay strong, friends!

Cow moose grazing on willows
US National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• Hallo all:  We are going into a sort of stay-home state for three weeks starting Sunday midnight with hair salons shutting down along with restaurants - which can only serve take-out - and a 25% capacity maximum for grocery stores and other essential businesses.  Folks in our county aren't thrilled because we aren't doing too badly Covid-wise but have been lumped in with Los Angeles and other Southern California counties with high-infection rates.

Diane: Thank you for starting us off yet again and for the nicely camouflaged moose.

Scylla:  That's a lovely OSPREY pic for AQ.  :-)

Lindybird:  Gosh - is that four hours each way?  That is a long drive.  Good luck with with the - ahem - negotiations.

PatO:  I think Lindybird's concern about holiday traffic would be a concern for you too.  

More raking on my agenda for tomorrow - and maybe I'll dig out the Xmas lights.

• Cool day but very windy. I took pity and postponed washing (supervision on my part). Sunday is a day of rest right? A nanny nap in morning, another in afternoon and so passes another day of boredom. I shall catch up your news tomorrow.

Pygmy possum news.

• Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0.

“User” is the word used by the computer professional when they mean “idiot.” (Dave Barry}

• Good Morning. Dull & wet, here. My OH is washing the cars, anyway, as he doesn't like them being muddy.

Slept for about nine hours after our trip yesterday! Had two glasses of wine when we got home, and zonked out.

Yes, Diane, we certainly "grabbed a little joy" yesterday and will when we can. Thank you for starting us off once more. Love the moose!

Annette, sorry you've got more restrictions, it's a pain. Yes, four hours each way! We did it in one day a few years ago, to attend our sons engagement party which lasted for two hours. The motorways here are very busy nowadays, so you can't lose your concentration for even a second. Plus, there are miles of roadworks which are taking literally years. So we stop for two breaks to stop our brains being addled.  EDIT:  My OH is threatening to do it in one day next week, but although I ache from not seeing Amber or our son for months, I can't face it. We have to decide soon, though...

Pics from yesterday, later - I must go wash my hair and get in some groceries as missed going yesterday.

• Have now rung my Eldest and told him we won't be coming. It's really upset me but we have to think of our health. He offered to drive up and meet us halfway but as Amber is so young, it would be a boring chore for her and a frustrating effort for all of us. I will order their presents online and they can wrap them themselves if they want to.
  • We all met in the park yesterday, which is a lovely park: mature trees,  open grassy areas, cricket pitches,  playground with swings etc., outdoor lido for summertime, even a duck pond by a small river which runs right through Droitwich. We usually stop there to give the dog a bit of exercise whenever we visit.

Yesterday all the grass was muddy after the recent heavy rain, and of course the children weren't very careful!

Tomasz is growing into a young man already.

Rosie is a darling, of course. 

• Matthew trying for the title of Muddiest Coat of the Year! He fell over onto his back within five minutes of arriving.... actually, he was more bothered about his dirty hands as he couldn't see the state of his coat!!

• Had several attempts to post the last one - got there by trimming the edges off the picture.

• Good afternoon! OH is in Dumfries with kitchen designer, finalising final spec and all the drawings. He won’t sign off the order till I have seen the plans and agreed everything! J has gone to buy his packed lunch for Monday. Sun is shining and even producing a bit more heat than the shaded areas – two consecutive dry days, but still no painters. We recorded this morning’s Zoom service from our church.

DIANE – thanks for setting us off on a new week. Loved the pic and the quote!

ANNETTE – sorry your County is affected by worse figures elsewhere – that is happening to some places over here too.

AQ – good to see you are resting, and even napping. Chores (even supervising) are less important than your health. Loved the quotes!

LINDA – that long sleep will have been good for you after the tiring journeys – and even the family, however much you needed to see them. I didn’t think motorways would be busy with so many places coming under restrictions! Glad you have made a decision about Eldest and Amber – I would say that is the sensible approach, but it was good of him to offer a meet-up part way. Let’s hope it will only be this one Christmas affected by the plague.

Looks like a busy week coming up in our diary – both podiatrist and hairdresser due this week, and an extra shopping trip with OH’s booked slot at M&S. Also trying to keep on top of cleaning and baking.