Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Grab some joy where you can.

Stay strong, friends!

Cow moose grazing on willows
US National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• LINDA - I managed to eat all my tea without flopping into OH's TV chair halfway through. (Our dining table is in family room which is also his TV room, so very convenient for flopping.)
  • Saw something on kitchen floor, picked up a very sleepy wasp. No specs on so my own fault. He was too tired to sting me, which was just as well. I still screamed, though,!
  • I'm sure it's been checked OG but what are Js blood sugar levels like?
    Quiet day here, went to my local Tesco, which was, as usual, very quiet.
    I pulled out my bed and as ever was surprised at the amount of dust bunnies. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently !
    i
  • Lindybird:  I remember making those Christmas decorations - they didn't come prepped in those days, we sat at the table with glue and now we're talking about all that I remember the distinctive glue smell associated with those paper chains.  

AQ; Like the idea of flopping-friendly furniture placement.  We hardly ever eat at our dining room table; consequently I'm often vacuuming up crumbs from in front of the couch.  

Off to get sorted for my car appointment.  Apparently there is a cafe nearby where, the mechanic told me, I could sit and get a cup of coffee while the work is being done, but that won't be possible with the latest restrictions so I'm going to hike over to State Street and my second-favorite discount store (Marshalls, which is owned by my #1 favorite TJMaxx) and try to divest myself of a $25 credit I've had for ages.

• Just come on to check if I reported in this morning: tried to communicate with Sue after our breakfast, and found that our internet was totally down. After checking all our connections I noticed one complaint posted previously on a local website about the whole town being offline!!

Got busy with things instead: finished off approx ten birthday cards I handmade yesterday so they'll do for a while!! Found that we were back online just before we went out as we had booked lunch to treat ourselves. Had Fish & Chips in t he country pub I mentioned a few weeks ago, and also treated ourselves to a dessert, too. OH had sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce, and I had blueberry cheesecake which was very pretty, but sadly rather small. (!)

Annette, hope the car is OK and that you find some good bargains whilst it's done. I remember the smell of the glue, too!! We made our chains from coloured paper cut up by an adult, but my poor OH said that he & his sisters had to use newspapers coloured in with paints. :-(

AQ - Hope you can get lots of flopping done in the next days. Please take it easy. Sorry you might need radiation treatment, it's such a nuisance turning up to those appointments apart from everything else

• Good evening, all. Hope you're all OK ...... and Aquilareen, keep up the flopping!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• First time i've seen my PC today - so so busy, but productive. Will see what I can do tomorrow!
  • Heather, sorry the wasp made you jump! They seem to get sleepy when they're dying, and possibly thirsty. The dust bunnies like to huddle together.

OG, you all sound as busy as ever. Glad that J is recovering. It's a well known fact that Post Office cakes and chocolate are calorie free!! LOL!

Annette, we use our dining table all the time - I placed it one and a half strides from the kitchen, through the archway I insisted on when we remodeled, as I couldn't see the point of a door which would get in the way. I eat breakfast on it, although my OH who often beats me downstairs by a long shot, has his on a tiny table in the conservatory. We then use the big table for both lunch and dinner - I can't eat things on my knee or on a coffee table as I usually manage to have disasters with food!!!! Edit -- More on the outside than on the inside, says my OH!

• Evening all:  Well, got the car done - a delay of two hours beyond my appointment time because two other vehicles were there before me (with appointments???)  Hmmmm.  I don't think so.   I think it was explained more by the vehicles themselves:  One was a very spiffy and sporty white Corvette with pipes that would lift the roof off a house. The other?  A cream-colored Rolls Royce convertible with cream leather seats, the Spirit of Ecstasy gleaming in the sun and personalized license plate and the whole thing positively dripping with privilege.  Oh sorry, that's my boring little Honda here for a front end alignment....    Sigh.  Managed to dispense with my Marshall's credit: Bought a new nonstick pan, no-show socks, a candle, shampoo for - ahem - gray hair, a jigsaw (Starry Night by Van Gogh) and gift stickers for pressies.  Got a good walk in too.

Clare:  Nice to see you - you've been hiding.

Lindybird: I don't remember where our colored bits of paper came from.....  Gosh, ten handmade birthday cards?  And here I still haven't made much progress with Xmas cards.   Sticky toffee with butterscotch sounds like a prelude to sugar overload.  I like my cheesecake plain (can't even remember the last time I had some).

Who else haven't we seen recently: Rosy?  Wendyb?  bjane?  Harelady?  Hope you're all okay.

Must do something constructive!

• I used to cut old wrapping paper (of any variety) into strips for the girls to make paper chains. My no-nonsense parents had very few decs but a real χmas tree (a branch from somewhere on our farm). I often eat lunch on my lap in lounge while watching the latest doom & gloom (midday news). Then I can flop down for my nanny nap.