Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full Sunday night/Monday! Also, a very subtle penumbral lunar eclipse will be visible in the U.S. and in the eastern half of Australia. Sorry, U.K. folks you won't be able to see it. 

Everyone stay safe and healthy. Figure out a way to find some joy this week! 

Stay strong, friends. 

Delicate Arch at Night, Arches National Park
NPS/Jacob W. Frank, US National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Just a thought

Sunshine all the time makes a desert. (Arabic Proverb)

• AQ: Supervising? That's okay then. That Queensland fire hasn't warranted a mention on any news here. It's all politics and Covid. My husband managed quite happily before we got married; then he developed male-pattern disability. :-) No surprise here about sunshine all the time.

OG: Ah well, I don't have the excuse of baking wonderful yummy Christmas treats. And now I'm going to be late with cards too :-)
  • Good Morning. Still dark here, but we've been up for an hour already, as off to visit our Youngest and his brood. We will meet in a park, where Bonnie can run around and the children can go on the swings and slides, rain permitting. No hugging! It's going to kill me....

We won't stay long as it won't be very comfortable and we can't exactly eat together or anything. Taking their Christmas sweaters, advent calendars (chocolate within) and Christmas cards, plus some food goodies for them to enjoy. They don't even know where they're going to spend the festivities, but may form a bubble with the in laws if it's permitted, and stay with them for a few days.

Everyone here, have a good weekend.
  • Lindybird said:
    If you love crazy, coloured Christmas lights, search on the BBC News Site for "Newburgh Lights" which shows their festive lights designed by children!! -- they are such fun!

Fab!

(I do love to pop in occasionally and read some of all your neighbourly posts - but I do feel like the nosy neighbour peering thru your curtains.)

• Scylla - Good to see you! Nosy neighbours are always welcome ...!

I don't send paper Christmas cards - haven't for most of my adult life - but I do send e-cards. I pick individual cards for everyone, and write personal messages, so it takes ages. I do enjoy doing it but am always pleased when it's done.

I am still dithering about Christmas Day/Boxing Day. I am nominally in a bubble with my sister, brother in law, niece and her man and my great-nephew, even though they are 150 miles away. But there are cases of Covid in the village, the website for the pub (where I would have to stay) doesn't fill me with confidence, and my sister is extremely vulnerable. I wish I was better at decisions, or that they weren't so complicated ...

Hope all the plans for present delivery and family visits work out. It seems everything takes far more planning than previous years. Have an enjoyable weekend, everyone, whatever you will be doing. Looks as though the sun is trying to break through, so hopefully I'll get out for a walk today!
  • Morning all:  Glorious red sunrise this morning what with clouds, but no rain expected.  

PatO:  How many people live in that village?  Good luck with the decision. Maybe you could do a flying visit a la Lindybird?

Linydbird: Let us know how the day went.  Cold I imagine.  I love the decorations by the kiddies - so joyful and uncommercial (if there is such a word).

Scylla: Haha.  Sometimes I wonder how we're 'allowed' to keep yakking, given that the word 'osprey' only ever appears in the title.  But shhhh - don't say anything.

Am finally able to see what's left in the fridge, so a quick grocery trip this morning.  Then must rake some leaves...

• Unknown said:
    Scylla: Haha.  Sometimes I wonder how we're 'allowed' to keep yakking, given that the word 'osprey' only ever appears in the title.  But shhhh - don't say anything.

Ha Ha and CHOL:):)    Not quite the truth, so its ok to keep yakking..... CHOL:):)see diane to AQ 2nd Dec

• Annette - I think a round trip of almost 300 miles in a day is too far to drive, so flying visits are not possible. I might have done it twenty years ago, but not now. Don't know how many in the village - they keep building new houses! But even one case is one too many, and I believe there are several more than one. I'm getting used to the idea that I will probably be home alone ... but still hoping I may not be!
  • We're back home after a successful trip -- good journeys both ways. More about it, later.

Pat, my total sympathy. We are almost coming to blows over the problem of seeing the rest of our family, as our other son lives nearly 4 hours away (with comfort stops and driver swaps) My OH wants to do it in one day, which we have done, years ago, but I dread that much time on busy motorways. Alternative is to stay, but where?? Daren't hug the family as it is, the children may be carriers from their schools.

• Shall I change my name to Ospreybird????

Then there would be more mentions....