Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full Sunday night/Monday! Also, a very subtle penumbral lunar eclipse will be visible in the U.S. and in the eastern half of Australia. Sorry, U.K. folks you won't be able to see it. 

Everyone stay safe and healthy. Figure out a way to find some joy this week! 

Stay strong, friends. 

Delicate Arch at Night, Arches National Park
NPS/Jacob W. Frank, US National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• OG just love the ice cream reindeer. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
  •  Some pics OH took yesterday.  Ben Wyvis is looking wonderful, blanketed in snow.

•  Also liked the pic of Jack Frosts visit to the car.  Reminds us of our bedrooms in winter when we were children.

• I remember that, too, dibnlib! Brr! Lovely pics.

I felt really cold myself this afternoon and have been bundled up on the sofa with a blanket and a tv drama. Looking forward to seeing the family tomorrow but not looking forward to standing in a park in the cold! We will have to get up early & leave early, too.
  • HEATHER - sorry about tech troubles - hope you get sorted soon.

LINDA - I thought best part of ice cream Rudolph was the up-side down ch. trees used as antlers! I hope your OH's snuffles and your shivers will not stop the meet - up with family at the weekend!

DIBNLIB - my, the Firth looks cold in that photo of Ben Wyvis.

Done the pretty paper wrapping, but still to overwrap with the brown paper - hope it is wide enough! OH will go to Post office again on Monday. Received my pack from Motability for choosing the next car, due in mid-March. New car and new kitchen at same time? I think I might leave home!

J came home happy as it is Friday and is eating buttered toast. Memories of infant school when he and a friend used to eat toast and marmalade after school every day!
  • Morning all:

AQ:  Throwing sheets over tomatoes?  Didn't you just get out of the hospital?   Hope those parrots manage to stage a comeback, but I gather Sydney had it's hottest day ever just recently....   Meanwhile, no sign of rain here yet and a big fire down in Orange County where they've had severe winds.  We've been calm up here.     Love that koala video - I'll forward to Ms. D. :-)

Diane:  Thirty pounds is a lot to lose; most people have put on weight since the start of the pandemic. On the bright(?) side, I think I found 5 of them!  Fires not near us but we are always aware of winds, humidity levels, etc.  Stay warm dearie.   For my part, I find I can't tolerate heat the way I used to - but wouldn't be surprised to find I can tolerate your temps even less.

Lynette:  Glad the vertigo has improved.  Mince pies?  Haven't had one in years.  Your OH is lucky.  Good luck with the delivery of CPs.

OG:  I agree re harsh lights and blue isn't my favorite Xmas color either.  I also prefer 'warm' white over 'bright' white.  (First world discussion there!)

dibnlib:  Gorgeous photos!!  I remember bedroom windows like that when I was growing up.  Makes me shiver just to think of those days with no fires in the bedrooms unless you were sick.  We sometimes had ice on the insides of the bedroom windows.

Lindybird: Take thermos of hot tea or hot chocolate!

Must get organized; haven't even thought of Xmas cards yet and suspect it'll be fewer than last year.  I got one November 30 from second cousin in UK - who are these people who do it so early!  :-)

• ANNETTE - I do it early in December before I have received any and would have to reply to their messages! Also, it means they are out the way and I can concentrate on FOOD! Actually, we received one today from Dau#2 (which was a rather peculiar postcard of a flower) and another from a couple at church. We posted abroad first of course.
  • We had our first Chr. Card of the year yesterday, but I forgave them as it's from a cousin & wife who go to Australia to see her relatives every year for three weeks or a month. So they send their cards before they go. I suppose ours to them sit upon the mat in Hertfordshire till January. It's the thought that counts.

Annette, I hate mince pies and have never in my life eaten more than a mouthful before discarding. But I'm a heroine, as I often make them for my OH who loves them. We are taking flasks of hot drinks but are wary of needing the loo too much. 

OG -- Glad to hear you sounding as if you're feeling much better.   Next year is certainly going to be a busy one for you! 

• If you love crazy, coloured Christmas lights, search on the BBC News Site for "Newburgh Lights" which shows their festive lights designed by children!! -- they are such fun!

(Newburgh, Scotland)

• ANNETTE – I was supervising the sheet throwing. OH has never noticed how it’s done in previous years. A fire has been burning on Fraser Is QLD for 7 weeks. In inaccessible country, it has burnt out half the island which is about 76 x 22 miles. Started by an illegal campfire.

LINDA – Can your cousin visit Aussieland this year? As far as I know, only diplomats & repatriated Aussies are coming in. No regular flights, only chartered planes.

We began the day with a sprinkle of rain, about 1 mm. Enough for OH to be happy to postpone washing day. I did not feel like prep-ing or supervising. I wish his mother had taught him a few skills; what if he had never married? I have had my nanny nap and I am ready for my next reading session.