Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week! Peace and comfort to all who are facing adversity. 

Be sure to check back to last week's thread to read Lindy's wonderful poem and other posts!

Stay strong, friends!

Florida Sunrise 
Photo labeled "public domain" (copyright free)

• AQ:  I love the Grace Hopper quote.  I did a short profile of her when I was an editor.   She was an early computer scientist who apparently helped develop COBOL and a rear admiral in the U.S. Navy - a rare position for a women in those days.  She also had a clock in her office that (I seem to remember) ran backward, the point being to discourage anyone saying that something couldn't be done because 'we've always done it this way.'

• Thanks, Annette. I thought I'd heard of her somewhere. Must have been quite a gal.

A bad fire this afternoon in the village where Sue lives: only two streets away from her house. Man & woman taken to hospital after inhaling smoke - thankfully their son is away at university. The house is in a bad way so their Christmas is now spoiled. Locals are fundraising already to help them, aren't people great?