Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week! Peace and comfort to all who are facing adversity. 

Be sure to check back to last week's thread to read Lindy's wonderful poem and other posts!

Stay strong, friends!

Florida Sunrise 
Photo labeled "public domain" (copyright free)

• Good morning / evening DIANE. Thank you for a new week, one with hope. Wonderful news, our nation has been watching every word & number.

• Just a thought

You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way. (Richard Bach)

• Thanks for the new thread, Diane. I expect you, like many of us, will be breathing a big sigh of relief and will sleep well tonight. But do your best to look sober and worried rather than wearing a big grin when you go out!
    AQ, thinking of you just now and sending good thoughts, prayers and good vibes--take your pick!.
  • Thanks, AQ. Today was a first step toward a more equitable, honorable, compassionate, and just nation for our people, but we still have much work to do.

Sending you good energy, my friend.
  • Hi, Gardenbirder! Nice to see you! I suspect our people still have a rough and dangerous road ahead of us before Trump is finally gone and we are on a better path, but today was a first step. 

• Yes, agreed, Diane. I imagine that if he refuses to leave the White House that the removal people will truss him up like any piece of furniture and wheel him out of the place along with his belongings.

• Thank you ANN & DIANE.

Impressive speeches but I realize the difficulties ahead. For virus control there can be hope – our neighbouring state Victoria in June/July had rocketting daily new cases and deaths. With severe lockdowns, the second wave is under control; no new cases or deaths for nine days. Hence Melbourne’s restrictions are to be eased from midnight.

• Diane:  Thank you!!!

AQ;  Yes, very good speeches and yes, no lack of major challenges ahead but for now more than half the country has been enjoying a day of pure unadulterated relief.  I've been glued to the TV most of the last few days but hope to get back to a more productive routine this coming week.  

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Diane - Thank you for such a positive and hopeful start to the new week. And a super picture and words from Victor Hugo. We need to cling to thoughts like that while the world around us appears to be spinning out of control. Pleased for you all over the Pond. Hope the President-Elect keeps his promise to bring healing to a divided population - it will be a massive undertaking.

Have a good day, everyone. Remembrance Sunday, which will be very different from previous years.
  • Good Morning. Thank you to Diane for beginning us off on a new, more optimistic week. Lovely quote & picture.

I awoke way too early, and am now confused about the time. My OH has brought me a welcome mug of tea whilst I gatherther my thoughts.