Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• AQ - Please post some sunshine and warmth, so that we can get through the winter.
  • Good Morning. Rather wild and windy here, as I suspect it might be for most of the UK this weekend as we get the tail end of a recent hurricane.

Saturday again! Seems like only a couple of days ago I had the conversation last week about what to cook for our weekend joint.....

Have a good weekend, Everyone.
  • A few "packs" of trick-or-treaters seen passing down the street. Still time for more - it's only 7 pm.
  • The weekend's come around again --
    Where did those weekdays go?
    Time has its fun, as confusing us
    The days don't seem to flow.
    One day, somewhere, must have been lost
    But where it hid
    I just don't know.

Perhaps it'll turn up soon
    Next week
    As an extra bonus day --
    Just think of all you could get done
    Before it blew away!!
  • View out of our bedroom window just now....

• So, I missed yesterday on here – but I did make my mincemeat ready for Christmas mince pies! Two small pumpkins on doorstep opposite, but no little visitors last night. Some fireworks around – will probably be more this evening. Stormy today – very strong winds, not so much rain as there was earlier. This is storm Aiden (named by Ireland) next will be remains of hurricane Zeta (named over the pond).

Looks like I missed Thursday too – no idea why!

LINDA – sorry about the garden centre lunch – very annoying. Lovely restful photo of Bonnie! Good to have both cars serviced before winter – mine (ours) had a winter check and J’s had a routine service, both in the last few weeks. Your plumbing, including outdoor sink, sounds as convoluted as ours. I intend to reduce some pipes and gain space by not having a waste disposal in the new kitchen – I hate the noise of it and am not totally convinced of its necessity. I have contemplated the Christmas card, but can’t guess how many might be lost from the list by the time December comes – haven’t heard of any deaths among family and friends – but how would we hear anyway – usually just a little “by the way, we lost X this year” in their cards to us! Nice verses – I wouldn’t know what to do with a “bonus day” as I’d spend all day wondering where it came from – I get confused enough by the usual seven! Nice photo from your window – very tranquil and lovely ploughed field!

LYNETTE – good to read about your OH’s scan result.

AQ – nice that you can make a visit to Daughter for a chat and just a few chores. Must be good to see her without Trio around, however much you love them! Dry and warm – oh dear! I am sure Italian will be easier than Indonesian, with all its local variations etc. My Italian is also mostly musical terms – and food!

ROSY – pleased your GD was able to visit again – sad that she can’t see your Son. We have to make do with letters and phone calls, but at least younger GD is very good with little notes and messages.

PAT – oh, you too having a visit from Charlie. Pleased the computer got mended – hope you are catching up well! I can’t help wondering how many of these “hungry” children have been fed “Halloween” junk food in the last few days and seen perfectly edible pumpkins go in the bin!

Just seen it is now almost time for lunch – soup. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone. R
  • Wind and sunshine - no flooding here but commiserations for those who do have it. OH is cleaning greenhouse ready to store summer for next year. Don't want to chop blooms off the fuchsias, so hope they will be lined up along the side where we can enjoy them from indoors!
  • Hi everyone. Sounds like some people had lovely visits with various appendages and/or their kiddies. Just spoke to my sister in Lincs and she says they're waiting for Boris to come up with more possible restrictions. We seem to be doing okay in California right now, but locally some of the kids at the local uni (which is almost completely online) aren't behaving responsibly and there's an outbreak there. Just had the floor people finally put in a much more substantial trim between the hard floors and the carpeting so we can finally cross them off our list. Temps are supposed to be up for a few days this week before settling down to seasonal weather. Hope we get some decent rain this winter.... I'm not feeling at all Christmasy....

A full, blue moon tonight from what I gather....and our clocks go back one hour.
  • Well, they leaked out what Boris was planning to say, but can't say we were surprised. He must have been very reluctant to put this in place as he's worried about the economy and no doubt all the money that's been borrowed already.

The figures are certainly dreadful, and the projected possibilities of infection scary, so I suppose he had no choice.

It was fortuitous that the next programme on TV was Strictly, to cheer everyone up!