Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• Just a thought

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.

• Good Morning. Very wet again here and much consternation amongst my OHs golfing pals: lots of messaging and then the possibility of play abandoned for the 2nd time this week. He will now mope around the house unless I find him something to do.

AQ, good to hear that things are easing there. Not so good here, where they say today that the rate of infection has been doubling every nine days. We are going to go out less than of late.

Yesterday we had a rather disastrous lunch, where we had booked in a garden centre, but when we arrived at 1.00pm, we had to queue for over 20 minutes just to be seated, then had to order our food over the Wi-Fi there, which was laborious. Then we waited. And waited. After three quarters of an hour, we had nothing but a glass of water, and a staff member said "there was a problem" - we were brought our food eventually, but it was lacklustre and we finally got up from our table at .........3.00pm. We had paid in advance so were unable to simply walk out.
  • Good Morning. Very wet again here and much consternation amongst my OHs golfing pals: lots of messaging and then the possibility of play abandoned for the 2nd time this week. He will now mope around the house unless I find him something to do.

AQ, good to hear that things are easing there. Not so good here, where they say today that the rate of infection has been doubling every nine days. We are going to go out less than of late.

Yesterday we had a rather disastrous lunch, where we had booked in a garden centre, but when we arrived at 1.00pm, we had to queue for over 20 minutes just to be seated, then had to order our food over the Wi-Fi there, which was laborious. Then we waited. And waited. After three quarters of an hour, we had nothing but a glass of water, and a staff member said "there was a problem" - we were brought our food eventually, but it was lacklustre and we finally got up from our table at .........3.00pm. We had paid in advance so were unable to simply walk out.
  • LINDA - Your lunch reminds me of our mid-Sunday-morning coffee stop in Swan Hill while on a bus trip. We sat and sat, eventually ordered our coffee and sat and waited. I gave up. Cafe was so disorganised, I had trouble even cancelling my coffee before I walked out. Luckily they only asked for payment after. Some others waited ¾ hour – for coffee! Cafe was well patronised by locals having a slow lazy brunch. Alas we were meant to have a 30 min stop before leaving for home.
  • Maybe the people who run the cafes are related in some way, AQ.

Been trying to post a reply for an hour <sigh> but my tablet won't post it....

Maybe there will be 300 of my attempts popping up here, later in the day!
  • Explanation: posted the above by using my mobile, where the print is so small it makes my eyes pop out of my head!
  • Bonnie relaxing after drying out from this mornings walk.

• LIndybird:   "There's a problem" raises all kinds of tantalizing possibilities:  Chef run amok; sous chef having a meltdown, prep guy stoned out of his mind.... ?    Hope you found something to keep your OH out of your hair for the day.  

AQ:  I remember you telling us about that lunch.  Wonder if the tour group used that cafe again.

I've accumulated a bunch of discount coupons, merchandise credits, etc. from various stores over the months and am going to make a concerted effort to use them up.  I keep them handy and then forget to use them.

• Great to read everyones news and that you are all as well as can be expected.

Weather down here mixed - damp and some sunshine.

OH's scan went well, no growth of the aneurysm so it will be another 3 months before the next one. At least they are
    keeping an eye on it.

Hope all goes well, AQ. Glad restrictions have been lifted in Melbourne but hope everybody is sensible.