Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week with moments of joy and contentment!

Stay strong, my friends. 

Some of you may like this Facebook post from Dr. Sharon Blackie, Irish psychologist and mythologist. HERE

• A wet and miserable day here, but we've been busy anyway - I went shopping between showers this morning and my OH has just popped out with Bonnie after waiting an hour for a dry spell.

Been dusting some of my "ahem" flower arrangements - I now have a few which are good replicas of the real thing and much less trouble, plus one or two pretend houseplants. As we often go away, it's easier than worrying about their welfare. Had fun yesterday listening to little Rosie giggling over the phone - she's fascinated by it and loves the voices coming out!

Not done any of the jigsaw today, but hope to get back to it tomorrow. Off to tend to our dinner for tonight - happy that Strictly is now back on TV on a Saturday, so need to sit down to that after our meal.
  • A wet and miserable day here, but we've been busy anyway - I went shopping between showers this morning and my OH has just popped out with Bonnie after waiting an hour for a dry spell.

Been dusting some of my "ahem" flower arrangements - I now have a few which are good replicas of the real thing and much less trouble, plus one or two pretend houseplants. As we often go away, it's easier than worrying about their welfare. Had fun yesterday listening to little Rosie giggling over the phone - she's fascinated by it and loves the voices coming out!

Not done any of the jigsaw today, but hope to get back to it tomorrow. Off to tend to our dinner for tonight - happy that Strictly is now back on TV on a Saturday, so need to sit down to that after our meal.

• Harelady:  Funny, I was thinking the same thing (about getting through stuff in the war).  Our town only got bombed once (just north of London), but I remember the frequent sirens and my mother (also an Irish immigrant) shushing us as she listened at the back door for planes.  Dad was older and in the Home Guard.  Back in those days, life was good if you still had a roof over your head in the morning - and no complaining was allowed either!  Younger generations have no idea what real hardship is.    Meanwhile, very odd about your SiL's tentative new diagnosis.

SunnyKate: Glad you gave us the answer to the library riddle - I was beginning to think it was obvious and that I'd missed something...

Lindybird: What a riot!  Will be interested to see if it's an equal opportunity gremlin.  :-)

• CHOL:):) Lindy......WHAT are u doing CHOL:):)
  • Lindy - Good to hear from you ... and again ... and again ... and again ...

AQ - Hope the treatment can start soon, and that it will be entirely successful.

Harelady - I do hope your SiL gets a firm diagnosis soon and that the treatment will - once again - be entirely successful.

It's been a horrible day here - high winds, lots of rain. So pleased we managed to get to Hever yesterday, as most of the remaining leaves will now be lying on the ground, I'm sure. Think it may be similar tomorrow. At least it will be dark earlier, so we won't see so much of it!! (I'm not really as pessimistic as that ...)
  • Blimey, Lindy - I think that lot adds up to a wet and horrible month!

It's been an irritable day today - we shopped in our local Morrisons and I have to say I'm already sick to death of ******mas. Here we are, in a pandemic - and the barriers to separate queueing have all gone (apparently by order of the head office), there are people mingling where they shouldn't be and displays of seasonal nonsense are forcing people too closely together. Bonkers.