Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week with moments of joy and contentment!

Stay strong, my friends. 

Some of you may like this Facebook post from Dr. Sharon Blackie, Irish psychologist and mythologist. HERE

• AQ Sorry to hear your news. Hope you can start treatment soon.
  • AQ - sorry to hear you news but its good news they are moving fast to get it sorted.

I was all set to go back to Essex for dog sitting as my Sister in Law was due her 3rd chemo before her stem cell therapy. She had a nuclear scan on Tuesday and a telephone consultation on Wednesday and at first the news initially was not good - in as much as the size of the tumour had not shrunk following the first 2 chemos. Then the consultant threw a curve ball - she thought the image on the scan may not be tumour but inflammation! So they have postponed the 3rd chemo and she now has to have keyhole surgery to find out what it actually is in her abdomen.

Her doctor did say that following her 6 chemo sessions earlier in the year may have reduced the tumour and she may have not needed the last two chemos!!

I am totally confused but she continues to be in good spirits and is very positive and happy not to have to go through another chemo sessions as they made her very sick and it took days to recover. So her consultant now has to find a surgeon to do the keyhole exploratory which she said could be 4 weeks or more.

To all that are going through medical procedures in these times of COVID - I wish you all the best. Also all those that are isolated and feeling cut off from family and friends.

Just know we can get through this - we may have to ask for help along the way - but that's ok!

Finally, there are lots of talk of the Blitz in the papers and TV at the moment and I just have to think back to my Mum - born in 1921 she and my Dad (Irish immigrant) married on Christmas Eve 1939. She had my eldest Brother in April 1941, my Sister in 1944 and my other Brother in 1945 and she was bombed out once and was machined gunned by a German fighter pilot trying to hit the Fords plant in Essex.  So I think we can get through  this - maybe without Trump and Boris - but we will survive!

• A wet and miserable day here, but we've been busy anyway - I went shopping between showers this morning and my OH has just popped out with Bonnie after waiting an hour for a dry spell.

Been dusting some of my "ahem" flower arrangements - I now have a few which are good replicas of the real thing and much less trouble, plus one or two pretend houseplants. As we often go away, it's easier than worrying about their welfare. Had fun yesterday listening to little Rosie giggling over the phone - she's fascinated by it and loves the voices coming out!

Not done any of the jigsaw today, but hope to get back to it tomorrow. Off to tend to our dinner for tonight - happy that Strictly is now back on TV on a Saturday, so need to sit down to that after our meal.
  • A wet and miserable day here, but we've been busy anyway - I went shopping between showers this morning and my OH has just popped out with Bonnie after waiting an hour for a dry spell.

Been dusting some of my "ahem" flower arrangements - I now have a few which are good replicas of the real thing and much less trouble, plus one or two pretend houseplants. As we often go away, it's easier than worrying about their welfare. Had fun yesterday listening to little Rosie giggling over the phone - she's fascinated by it and loves the voices coming out!

Not done any of the jigsaw today, but hope to get back to it tomorrow. Off to tend to our dinner for tonight - happy that Strictly is now back on TV on a Saturday, so need to sit down to that after our meal.