Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) occurs on 16 October, Friday.

I hope everyone stays healthy and experiences some joy this week. 

Stay strong, friends. 

• I thought it was just English from level 2 and level 3 areas who had to stay away from Wales! Scots are now told to avoid Blackpool - apparently many current cases traced to there! Our are has more than doubled its numbers in the past week - why o why don't we have a second lockdown?
  • Lindybird said:
    The Minister for Wales has got hot under the collar about the English bringing in the virus, so has announced that from Friday evening, they will not be welcome.

I find attitudes like this really irritating.  He'd have a right old go if I stood up and publicly said 'I don't want anyone from Wales bringing Covid to the beautiful Suffolk coast' - that would come across as really anti-Welsh, which I'm not.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Anyone who likes gardens should check out this rather colourful thread.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG: We were re-designated as the middle level the other day -Now lumped in with Manchester where things are really bad, although not as bad as Liverpool, apparently. I say the middle level, because its becoming confusing -there is no Low level in the whole of UK, but the three levels are supposed to be Medium, High and Very High. So we are in the middle of those, at "High".

Clare, we were amused as the Scots are probably bringing their virus down to England as much as the people of Blackpool are taking it back!! I think that rather than a lockdown there should be some sort of ban on travel of more than say 50 miles. But not until this weekend, LOL!! when we will be home again.
  • HEATHER - Hope you are feeling brighter. {{{HUGS}}}

LINDA – Disappointing that you can’t at least have a weekend. Authorities react strangely to interpreting regulations.

I’m meeting Travel Friend for lunch at a spot new to me. There’s a small lake near the cafe. She said to bring my camera. It’s a relatively new suburb so no churches or old buildings. I wonder what she meant. Ducks at least. Weather looking gloomy, overcast, expecting 27 C, rain later.

• Just a thought

People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

• Best laid plans and all that. . . Friend phoned that it is raining in her suburb (near our meeting park), so we have postponed. It is looking much gloomier here but not raining, yet.
  • Hallo all.

AQ; Sorry your plans got messed up, but hope you reschedule soon.

Clare: Those garden pix are lovely, especially the anemone, which resembles our native Carpinteria Californica, which has much larger leaves.  If I had the energy (!), I'd check out the relationships.  :-)

Lindybird: Well, boo to the Minister of Wales.  No English folk welcome?  A bit of a generalization perhaps?   I'd be inclined to stay longer out of pure orneriness.   Are the English announcing that the folks from north of the border aren't welcome?

Lovely weather here; warm days, cool nights.  Four windows installed today - they make an amazing difference   And the really good news is that the blinds in the old windows will still fit the new ones.  Hurray!   Sliding patio door will go in tomorrow first thing followed by the remaining windows.  Fingers crossed all continues to go smoothly.

Take care everyone.

• Good Morning. Dry here for our dash to Welsh Wales, as my mum used to call it.

AQ, disappointing that your mystery outing has had to be postponed. Hope you can make it there soon. Please send some warmth here, as we are already cooling down.

Annette, great news that things are going so well there. We were wondering if we could stay in Wales for another couple of days without anyone noticing, but the Site Manager pointed out that he could get into trouble. We will return on 1st March next year when the next season begins, and hope that it will be somewhere we can go for a change of scene.

Hope that Heather is still looking in: we are all thinking of you, Heather.
  • Lindybird said:
    We were re-designated as the middle level the other day -Now lumped in with Manchester where things are really bad, although not as bad as Liverpool, apparently. I say the middle level, because its becoming confusing -there is no Low level in the whole of UK, but the three levels are supposed to be Medium, High and Very High. So we are in the middle of those, at "High".

I think what you've just said really highlights how bonkers this whole thing is!

London is about to be designated 'High' - which means all of those second home owners will be fleeing to their lovely second homes ......... in our 'Medium' part of the world.  Sigh ...........