Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL HARVEST MOON!

The moon turns full on Thursday, 1 October.

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, healthy week! 

Check back to last week's thread for Lindy's photos and other posts. 

• Heather B said:
    ROSY - son's shop is in Shrewsbury, so not too far from the Welsh border.

Pleased to hear that the situation has not been too grim for him, Heather - good luck to him on his venture.

• Such beautiful flowers LINDY. I do hope ours flower although in the first year it may not happen.
  • Haven't yet downloaded Nerines from the camera but they have been beautiful this year - also the Kaffir Lilies (which is not a p/c name but can't think of their other one! In fact we still have quite a lot of plants blooming - Dahlias, Geraniums and some very nice Fuchsias. Yellow daisy thingy and Chocolate Cosmos are still colourful in the perennials bed.

J got his new meds yesterday so took first one last night. Slept through the night, we woke him at nine because we thought he should take all his morning pills. He then slept till about two o'clock! The drowsiness will last a few weeks till the main effect kicks in (should feel better in about four weeks) so he is off work next week, followed by the October ("tattie-howking") holiday.

Haircuts for OH and me today - and some gossip from the hairdresser - her own news, so not wrongful gossip - always good to see her.

Tumble drier engineer came this morning - can be repaired but two major parts needed, and he only had one of them on the van. He'll be back next Tuesday.

Seeing nurse tomorrow. We changed the dressing on my leg yesterday, and there has been no sign of oozing since. So. hoping she might decide it is okay now.

Thanks all for news etc.
  • Good news from you, then, OG. Especially about your leg. Hope that J can soon get the benefit of the new meds.

My OH is going to stand outside the church tomorrow at the funeral of one of his fellow allotment holders - the chap who had the next door plot to us went off to tour Scotland but when he reached Carlisle on his return, he fell ill and was taken to the hospital there where he sadly died. My OH had also been to school with him when they were children, as they were the same age, so that's rather sobering.

Ate our own green beans tonight but there are not going to be many left soon. Am regretting not defrosting our larger freezer this summer, as there has been so much stuff in it "just in case" for all of this worrying year. Now some of the drawers are sticking due to the frost clinging on.
  • Our weather has changed from cool rain (half an inch on Wednesday) to hot north wind today. My washing dry almost before I finished hanging it out! OH out to lunch with Dau#1.
  • If Cinderella’s shoe fit perfectly, then why did it fall off?

Nobody else in the whole kingdom has the same shoe size? Seriously?

My daughter wanted a Cinderella-theme party, so I invited all her friends over and made them clean the house.

• Good morning, all. I've just read that the Orange Knob has tested positive. Given that he's watched so many people die of it it's only fair that he now has it himself.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. It's good to begin the day with a laugh.....