Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SEPTEMBER EQUINOX

The equinox is Tuesday in the UK, US, and Australia!

Everyone have a safe, healthy, joyful week!!!

• Lurker here...
    No way will I after 6 months of behaving myself adhere to Sturgeons new family rule...
    My daughter will be arriving soon and she will be staying with me and not in a hotel.
    As for down south bringing it to my area .. total rubbish as 4 of the second home escapees were Scottish.

i can go to an exercise with group of 6 and meet them in a pub... what a load of badly thought through plans.

• Good evening everyone. Thanks to all for news. Sorry not all good for some.

Thank you Diane for asking about my OH.
    Things are a bit complicated here at the moment. Too much to write. Hospital consultations are changed without much notice to telephone conversations now. Mixed feelings about the effectiveness of these.

Lindy I am enjoying your photos. I think we are all with you in Wales, in spirit.

I am also enjoying your photography Clare, and I like your forthright opinions! Why not call a spade a spade?

I had a disastrous visit to the dentist today. After having tooth ache for several weeks, and being unable to get an appointment for five weeks ( and this is private), I was found to have a cracked tooth. I had an impression for a crown taken two weeks ago, so went back today for this to be fitted.
    The crown has gone missing somewhere en route to the dentist. Whoever made it denies any knowledge of it, and it has not been delivered to any other dentist in the area .
    I have not been able to eat on that side since the initial work was done. Apparently, I have a pocket in the gum where the dentist said she "may have dropped some cement into" two weeks ago, which has caused the pain and inflammation. Great!
    Next instalment next Wednesday if the new crown arrives.
  • Thanks for all the posts, have read them all.

Rosy, you're having a rotten time of it alright. Hope your teeth problems can be sorted soon, there's not much quite as miserable as having pain in your mouth. Thinking of you.

It's been much colder here, and we even had the heating on this evening. Walked around Caernarfon this morning, so pics to follow.
  • A gateway in the city walls at Caernarfon.

• Busy streets, but not as full as in high summer when there are lots of tourists. Not sure if the man on the right had left his horse at home!

• Narrow streets with some shops sadly closed down altogether, now. New ones opening with lovely craft items, but not sure if they will survive as it's in the summertime that they need customers and they were short of tourists for some months this year as Wales closed itself down.

• My OH walking next to the city walls, which are impressive.

The turrets of the castle in the distance.

• Evening all:   So sorry to hear that various restrictions have been re-imposed with all the resulting frustrations and disappointments..

Rosy:  Not happy to read how frustrating things are for you and your OH.  Do keep us in the loop  Re your tooth, oddly enough the same thing happened to my OH a few weeks back.  He too needed a crown and that one also went missing.  The dentist heard that the container the dental lab left outside the facility for pickup by the messenger service was stolen....

Lindybird:  Lovely photos and I'm certainly with you there.  I loved the photos of the beach.  So removed from all the sturm and drang.

Clare: I think your question However did we end up with this? is THE question of the ages.

Wendyb: Enjoy the visit with your daughter.  

dibnlib:  Given the current situation you'll have plenty of time for those exercises.  (Small comfort, right?)  :-)

Heather: That's a real shame about your son's visit - can you see the local family?  Sorry if I've missed the point somewhere.

Take care everyone.