WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2020

Hallo all.  Have a wonderful week.

• ANNETTE - no xrays for J - or me. Both just battling on through the pain!  Must be terrible for OH living with the two of us shouting out in pain day and night - and nothing he can do about it.

• Ouch, OG. I know how he feels.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• So sorry to hear that both you and J are suffering with your joints, OG. Hope you both get some relief soon.

Heather, at least your brother is in the best place at present. I'm sure his wife will help in his recovery, But she must be in shock over the suddeness of his stroke. My thoughts are with you all.

We went to see Sue this morning - we took with us a big bunch of rhubarb, and a punnet of raspberries which were not ours, as ours have been poor this year, but some which my OH picked from his next door neighbours plot on the allotment. The neighbour is touring Scotland at present but asked my OH to keep an eye on things, and to help himself.
  • We should have been to a wedding in June, but of course it was cancelled. Just heard that the young couple are now pinning their hopes on having it at the same date next June. It would be good if it takes place, as very few weddings in our extended family now - they are nearly all married already! But it will be a chance for various branches to come together.
  • Clare:  Indeed - they look very professional.

OG;;  Earplugs for EE?  Or some noise-canceling headphones?   :-)   Seriously, hope you and J will feel much better very soon.

Heather:  Assume bro's wife can communicate re meds, etc.  

Lindybird:  Interesting that one plot over the raspberries are better - different strain maybe...  Embarrassed to say I had to Google punnet....

dibnlib:  Nice to see you.

Still no news from bjane in Cedar City or Wendyb up north.....

• HEATHER – Frustrating not being able to check your brother but it sounds he is getting good care. {{{HUGS}}}

OG – Sorry you & J are suffering. {{{HUGS}}}

ANNETTE – Perhaps he thinks we are state no 51.

For weeks (months?) OH has been working through 3 boxes of paperwork that he had stashed in garage. He found it so daunting a task that I would bring in a single inch-thick pile at a time. This morn I packaged and labelled a pile about 3 inches thick for him. The rest has been disappearing into the recycle bin.  Suddenly OH realized there was no more in the garage. Now he can begin on the pile in the storage pouffe. Please don’t ask me how my flinging is going.

• Most gulls don’t bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight — how to get from shore to food and back again (Richard Bach)

Seagulls. . . slim yachts of the element (Robinson Jeffers)

When you are alone, bless the solitude, when you are with someone, bless the togetherness! Think of the seagull. It flies alone happily; it flies with another happily too! Solitude is a food; togetherness is a food; man needs both and he must be happy with both! (Mehmet Murat Ildan)

• AQ;;; Haha - I was going to say, Watch Out for DT if he wins a second term (pause to calm down with some deep breathing); after all, he was interested in Greenland some time back.....
  • aquilareen said:
    Perhaps he thinks we are state no 51.

52.  I think he considers us no.51.  Armhole.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• aquilareen said:
    Most gulls don’t bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight — how to get from shore to food and back again (Richard Bach)

Can't agree with him.  They are superb, utterly joyful fliers who make flight look effortless.

aquilareen said:
    Seagulls. . . slim yachts of the element (Robinson Jeffers)

That's more like it.

aquilareen said:
    When you are alone, bless the solitude, when you are with someone, bless the togetherness! Think of the seagull. It flies alone happily; it flies with another happily too! Solitude is a food; togetherness is a food; man needs both and he must be happy with both! (Mehmet Murat Ildan)

Spot on. Love this!